Chapter 53

The next day, the same location. It was the second day of practice.

The square was filled with an even more intense energy than the day before.

Participants were busy choosing roles that could unleash their potential.

"Focus on communicating with your fellow actor. Acting isn't something you do alone. How you react to your partner's lines and actions is also important. Shall we sync up for a bit?"

"Yes, thank you, actor...!"

Fabio, accompanied by an interpreter, was busy moving among them.

He tried hard to forget yesterday's events and focus on his role.

Then, shortly after, someone called him.

"Judge."

Turning around to see who it was, Fabio tensed up.

It was that kid from yesterday. He had hoped to avoid meeting him again.

'Why is he here again...'

His face, which had been smiling warmly at the participants until now, stiffened.

"I was hoping you could take a look at something for me."

"At what...?"

"I'm having a bit of trouble with the practice."

Fabio narrowed his eyes for a moment. 'Take a look.' 'It's difficult.' These were phrases he had been hearing all day. But coming from this kid, it seemed out of place. Suspicion was his first reaction.

"Difficult, you say?"

"Yes. Could you teach me a bit?"

Although he spoke politely, there was an indefinable edge in his tone that Fabio couldn't shake off.

There was a slightly different, unfamiliar air about Junwoo today compared to yesterday.

"Alright. What do you need help with?"

With a mix of reluctance and curiosity, Fabio followed Junwoo.

After departing with Junwoo, Fabio did not return to the practice area for an entire hour.

***

Yoo Sang-jun was among the production team near the square, reviewing the footage.

"Excuse me, PD-nim."

At the staff's call, Yoo Sang-jun looked up.

The staff pointed to a spot where Fabio, who should have been at the practice area, was standing among the camera equipment.

"He says he urgently needs to speak with you."

Yoo Sang-jun felt puzzled and a sense of foreboding at the same time.

Just moments ago, the judge seemed relaxed and was attentively helping the participants. His sudden change was odd.

What could have happened to leave him looking so terrified?

"...I urgently need to talk to you."

"What's the matter?"

Fabio glanced around cautiously. Then, the words he uttered made Yoo Sang-jun's face turn even paler.

"I'm sorry, but I have an urgent matter and need to leave now."

"What?!"

His face was restless as if he was being chased by something.