Chapter 38

*Creak.*

Park Jun-gil swung open the door of the office.

'The practice has been halted. I wonder what kind of interesting situation will unfold this time.'

He had already figured out what kind of person Junwoo was based on past experiences.

He was curious to see how Junwoo dealt with those several years his senior, especially since they were actors of a different level.

But then, he hesitated.

'What's this?'

Park Jun-gil stopped in his tracks. He had been considering sneaking a peek at the situation.

Junwoo was sprawled comfortably on a chair in the corridor outside the office.

"What are you doing here?"

Park Jun-gil approached cautiously and asked.

Junwoo, who had been serenely resting with his eyes closed, cracked open an eyelid.

"Ah. The breeze is nice here. I thought I'd take a break."

What?

"Taking a break?"

"Yes."

A question mark seemed to appear on Park Jun-gil's face. Junwoo had never before left the team to do something on his own like this.

Ah, of course. He must have finished everything already. But so soon? Did putting him with some capable teammates really spur him on this much? Park Jun-gil, a bit anxious now, swallowed hard.

"Did you finish practice? You don't have anything to do anymore?"

"No."

"Huh?"

"I just don't want to do it anymore."

What? Park Jun-gil was taken aback.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not practicing anymore."

"Why, why? Why are you doing this all of a sudden?"

Junwoo looked up at the ceiling with a face that seemed to have given up on everything.

"Those older guys are looking down on me because I'm young. They're ignoring me. I'm scared. I can't do it anymore."

"Scared? Wait a minute, Junwoo, you're usually..."

"Do I just need to clear out my stuff from the dorm today?"

This is crazy.

"Why are you acting like this all of a sudden? Junwoo, you're not someone to drop out so easily, right?"

Park Jun-gil was sweating profusely. What was all that he had shown until now? Participants, and even major actors among the judges, had never seen him flinch or back down. Why was he acting like this all of a sudden?

Wasn't he the one who never shied away from anything related to acting? But now, Junwoo's face bore an unmistakable look of annoyance.

"I don't know. I just want to take a nap for now."

Junwoo yawned widely. Comfortably adjusting his arms, he wriggled a few times to fit into the chair and then closed his eyes.

"Junwoo, Junwoo...?"

"..."

Wait. He's actually sleeping. Park Jun-gil, unsure whether to wake him up or where to put his hands, paced back and forth in the same spot.