Chapter 43

Upon hearing the news that Junwoo was packing his bags at the dormitory, Yoo Sang-jun had to rush over.

Actor Kingdom 4th Round One-Act Play Team Mission.

The outcome for Junwoo's team was unprecedented.

They couldn't just overlook the mishap during the mid-term evaluation stage performance.

Instead, the final result was that only Shin Dami, who played a major role and showed quick thinking to keep the performance going, and Junwoo, who created a high-quality one-act play, would advance to the next round.

The participants at the scene were tripping over Junwoo, exclaiming, "Where have you ever seen something like this?" They soon had to shut their mouths.

It was after seeing the video of Junwoo displayed on the screen.

However, Shin Dami called Junwoo out separately that evening.

"I'm on my way after announcing my voluntary withdrawal. I wanted to say goodbye to you, Junwoo, one last time."

Shin Dami's face looked relieved.

Voluntary withdrawal? Junwoo was a bit perplexed.

"Why?" he asked.

"Anyway, it's true that my sudden actions messed up the stage. I thought I'd feel burdened if I went on alone like this."

Junwoo nodded in understanding.

"It would've been a waste to just kill time here anyway."

"Huh?"

"Go out and do something. Not among those kids, but with real actors, working on real projects."

It was a casual remark, but not untrue. Considering Shin Dami's talent and the support she had behind her, it was a sensible decision.

She wouldn't take long to shed her newbie image and soar as a renowned actress.

Feeling acknowledged, Shin Dami was momentarily overwhelmed.

"Thank you. If it weren't for you, Junwoo, I couldn't have had this experience. Let's definitely meet again later."

With those words, Shin Dami left the broadcasting station without any regrets.

***

As the official airing of the program approached, the production team became busier than ever before.

While the participants practiced for the next round, the footage that had been filmed so far was scheduled to be aired.

In the production company's conference room, staff members and stakeholders, including Park Jun-gil and Yoo Sang-jun, as well as various PDs, producers, and writers, gathered together.

"With only a week left until the broadcast, the buzz is overflowing everywhere, probably because it's so close."

"The expectations are enormous, more than we anticipated. Right now, photos and information of the participants, even their pasts, are circulating in various communities and on SNS. The broadcast hasn't even started yet, but online, people are already conducting their own popularity polls."

"That's inevitable. Especially since participants who already had a strong fan base suddenly disappeared from the public eye after the broadcast announcement."

"The reaction exploded after the trailer was released. Particularly, Kang Hyeok's appearance, though it was only about 7 seconds, elicited an explosive response, even more than other well-known participants."