Chapter 22

"I'd rather see it with my own eyes than hear more about it."

Before Junwoo's performance began, Sungrae, who had said that, put down the microphone.

He watched Junwoo, who had taken his place on stage, with a pen in his hand.

"Since the character is not portrayed in the movie, it may be easier to express."

It is a risky challenge.

It was both reckless and clever.

While the judges have criteria to evaluate other characters with clear-cut personalities, "Kim Mu-myeong" is a character that the boy himself created, so it is fair to say that he is the only one who can truly understand the character.

The reasons for the selection were reasonable, so if the participant could at least partially digest the character he interpreted, he could receive a high score.

Gu Daewon and Cheong Myeong were the same. He couldn't help but be curious about how much the young contestant had come up with a complete character in a short amount of time.

"Crazy? Psychopath? Let's see what points he used to set up the character."

In front of them, who were full of expectations,

Junwoo's acting began.

The moment he became Kim Mu-myeong,

"Why did you pretend not to know? You were the one who pitied me. I..."

It started as a monologue in the tone of a middle school student.

A young, tearful voice rang out. The child hesitated, not wanting to be hated until the end. The child's lines continued, spilling out emotions as if he could no longer bear it.

Sungrae nodded.

'He really got the age right. This participant can bring out the maximum potential of his acting,'

He was thinking about it up to that point when Kim Mu-myeong suddenly knelt down.

"I'm, I'm sorry. Brother Sanmin. We agreed not to do this. Please, just once..."

The face on the brink of life and death. In an instant, the youthful face is gone, and Kim Mu-myeong, who has grown up to be 20 years old, begs and pleads at the feet of Taesan Min.

'...!'

That was just the beginning. The more he skipped time, the more disgust and anger at humans settled on his face. The characters of Heukryeong Island who passed through his life.

"I was the only idiot. They were all the same, those traitorous bastards. I made a decision. While I was waiting for that time, I would..."

The scenes continue quickly, breaking off one by one. While quickly showing the hidden core past of each character, only the moment's emotions and the flow of time changed, but the character of Kim Mu-myeong was perfectly maintained.

Sungrae, who was completely immersed in it without knowing it, narrowed his eyes at some point.

"So, what story is he trying to tell with Kim Mu-myeong?"

For a moment, I wondered what he was talking about with the stories I had never heard before flowing from his monologue.

But as time went on, strangely enough,

"The ones who should be punished are you, right?"

One by one, the puzzle pieces are falling into place.