Chapter 45

Last night. Park Jun-gil secretly headed to a private room.

It was a summon from Daemyoung.

Park Jun-gil recalled the last time he faced Kang Geonim.

'The more I think about it, the more I need to keep that guy close to my son.'

The chairman's order to deliberately pair him up with Kang Hyeok.

Back then, no one knew things would turn out like this. And the chairman likely didn't either.

During that time, it would have been impossible for Park Jun-gil not to hear about how Han Junwoo had made his presence known. It had been oddly quiet until now.

Park Jun-gil stood in front of the sliding door, nervously swallowing his saliva.

Opening the door could be akin to walking into a storm of flying dishes.

The moment he cautiously stepped in after sliding the door open...

"...!"

"You've arrived. Please, have a seat."

It wasn't Kang Geonim who was sitting there, gesturing to the seat across from him, but his secretary.

He had seen him before when he visited Daemyoung.

Maybe that's a relief. Park Jun-gil breathed a sigh of relief.

The secretary, neatly dressed in a suit, subtly pushed up his glasses.

He had been regularly reporting to the chairman about the progress of the program.

It was inevitable. More than Kang Hyeok's name, it was the boy named Han Junwoo who had to be mentioned.

The growing presence of this kid day by day, information about companies eyeing him with interest and licking their chops.

And the subtly distorted expression on Chairman Kang's face.

'Just observe for now.'

But the chairman didn't give any specific instructions. This was a new side of him he hadn't seen before. Soon, the secretary seemed to understand the chairman's intentions.

Park Jun-gil roughly guessed why he had been summoned. He had already been passing on information about Kang Hyeok as it came. Probably this time too,

"You called me here because of the Han Junwoo issue, right?"

"Yes, that's correct."

"I know he's an existence that greatly bothers the chairman. But we also,"

"No, not exactly."

"Pardon?"

"At first, he seemed annoyed, but now it seems like he's actually interested."

Park Jun-gil's eyes widened in surprise.

"...In Han Junwoo?"

"From a certain point, the chairman himself started asking about that kid's whereabouts. If he had wanted, he could have easily gotten rid of such a kid a long time ago, in one way or another. Especially since it involves Kang Hyeok."

The secretary, having observed Junwoo's achievements, thought to himself.

To stand at the center like that without any backing or investments. Even Kang Hyeok, who had received immense support, couldn't achieve that. This boy's presence might be enough to quench the thirst that Chairman Kang's son couldn't satisfy.

"If he's interested, then what...?"

"After the program ends, we plan to acquire the agency that Junwoo belongs to."