Chapter 70

He had been waiting for Han Junwoo for three hours.

Park Jun-gil was pacing around, meticulously organizing his thoughts.

The documentary, aiming to showcase Junwoo's filming process to the world, was Park Jungil's brainchild.

Aware of his limitations in capturing Junwoo's essence, Park Jun-gil chose to entrust the production to Shin Haksu.

"Damn it..."

Park Jun-gil was aware that he had not been himself lately.

Even at this very moment.

After the last shooting of Actor Kingdom, he had been engulfed in a strange sense of melancholy.

Despite having experienced numerous beginnings and endings of broadcasts, this emptiness was new to him.

Not being able to see Han Junwoo again. Why that bothered him so much was a mystery.

News trickled in.

'He's making a movie.'

'Heard he's collaborating with the top production company in the country, leading top actors...'

'Today, he turned the set upside down again.'

'The actors are practically at his feet. Yes, the ones you know, Team Leader.'

'Among the investors...'

He had anticipated it, but the boy was ascending at an unbelievably rapid pace.

It became real. Perhaps their roads will no longer cross in the future. Even if Junwoo continued in this industry, Park Jun-gil was only involved in variety shows or documentaries, far from the realms of movies or dramas.

Only belatedly did Park Jun-gil realize how precious every moment of shooting with that boy had been.

Then, someone's footsteps became audible.

Park Jun-gil lifted his head.

"Ah, Junwoo."

Standing in front of him was undoubtedly Junwoo. Park Jun-gil was the one who had been waiting, yet he was the one taken aback.

"You've been waiting for me?"

"Yes, it's just that..."

He tried to calm his mind.

"It's nothing much. I know you're busy, but please just hear me out for a moment."

Junwoo blinked.

"I wanted to apologize..."

"...?"

Junwoo raised an eyebrow. Park Jun-gil cleared his throat a couple of times.

"I know it's late, but I'm sorry for apologizing now. You were aware of everything, weren't you? Yes, from the outset, my intention was to use your presence for the show's attention, and that mindset persisted. Even the incident involving CEO Joo Mansik... I didn't expect it to blow up this much. I did something despicable at my age...."

He rambled, but it was a first for Park Jun-gil, showing his genuine self. He was always a man harboring dark secrets within.

Junwoo looked slightly bewildered for a moment.

"And thank you for appearing on my program."

"..."

Park Jun-gil's face reddened.

In his long broadcasting career, he had never lowered himself to apologize to anyone like this.

Especially to a guest on his show and much more to someone significantly younger.