Chapter 36

"No... you don't want to? But why?"

Park Jun-gil asked as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Are we even authorized to decide this on our own?"

None of them had contributed to the making of "Heukryeong Island" in any way.

In fact, It seems like there are even some here who haven't really watched the movie properly.

"On whose authority?"

The production team members looked at each other.

When Junwoo frowned, Park Jun-gil became anxious.

"Umm. I'm not just asking. I plan to pay a royalty of a certain percentage based on the profits. Of course, the percentage will not be insignificant. Don't be so quick to judge; just listen to everything and think about it for a while..."

Listening to the conversation from the side, Yoo Sang-jun thought, "This kid doesn't seem to care much about money. But I didn't think he would refuse so adamantly."

Yoo Sang-jun, who felt that this wouldn't work, continued speaking.

"Something even bigger will follow than what you showed in the program. You interpreted it in a way that completely surpasses the director's original intention. If you produce behind-the-scenes footage with a role that the director didn't even think was important, it will definitely..."

"Do you think the director didn't include it because he didn't know?"

"What?"

"Kim Mu-myeong is his character. I just acted it out."

The reason why that movie was loved.

"Did you think you could make money with that?"

If they had deliberately focused on that role in the movie, they would have likely received recognition.

The director's reputation, value, and name would have risen.

For Gu Daewon, there was something more important than such greed.

The final step to completion is subtraction. Sometimes, the absence itself holds value.

It seemed like they thought Gu Daewon's giving up was due to a lack of ability.

The team members were taken aback by Junwoo's unexpected reaction. They rolled their eyes quickly.

The team leader's instructions to "somehow please him." What in the world does that mean?

"I wouldn't have done it if I knew the camera was rolling. I didn't know it was being filmed."

To think they were even thinking of selling it separately. Junwoo regretted the stage he had done for the first time he came here.

Yoo Sang-jun spoke up in a hurry.

"Think about it, Junwoo. If "Heukryeong Island'" becomes a hit again thanks to your influence, do you think director Gu Daewon would hate it? I don't think so. What do you think?"

He already had the answer in mind when he asked the question. But,

"Why are you asking me that? Then go talk to him first."

Junwoo's answers were always quick and decisive, without any hesitation or doubt. Yoo Sang-jun was taken aback. He thought Junwoo was considering the director's perspective because he mentioned his authority. But that wasn't it, was it? He couldn't figure it out.

"Talking about it without the person involved doesn't seem meaningful. Can I leave now?"

As Junwoo started to pull his chair back, Park Jun-gil quickly waved his hand.