Chapter 54

"......"

Yoo Sang-jun momentarily lost his words.

He swallowed involuntarily.

"It's true, but... this is still a broadcast..."

His voice trailed off, becoming quieter. Somehow, he couldn't meet those eyes directly.

Facing Junwoo's calm demeanor, Yoo Sang-jun was engulfed in an inexplicable fear.

At the same time, he was baffled.

The picture he had wanted? Had all the efforts shown so far been just to keep up with the rhythm?

Yoo Sang-jun had been confident that the show's success was guaranteed with each of Junwoo's achievements. But that was when he was simply a participant, an aspiring actor standing out.

But now, things were different. The entire concept of competition encompassing the program was disappearing.

If this continued, there would be no tension, nothing to keep viewers engaged.

What guaranteed a program's ratings was the audience's ability to follow and support someone.

Who could possibly support this kid in his current state? The idea of supporting the other participants, now seemingly insignificant at his feet, would become meaningless. The show was at risk of losing its identity.

Yoo Sang-jun momentarily recalled the day he first discovered Junwoo and decided to cast him. He wondered if he had brought someone he didn't fully understand onto the show.

"How much longer is left?"

Suddenly, amidst the tension, Junwoo asked.

Yoo Sang-jun's pupils flickered.

"...The overseas filming, you mean? There's still some time left for that,"

"No, not that."

The unease was intensifying.

"How much longer until this program ends?"

Yoo Sang-jun's expression hardened. He needed to think quickly.

Why would he ask such a question?

"Why do you ask?"

"Just curious. It feels like the program is dragging on with unnecessary content."

Suddenly, he's talking about the end. Until now, he seemed to be simply enjoying himself. Is he calculating something?

It wasn't just a statement meant to intimidate.

Yoo Sang-jun had known that Junwoo had been plotting something on his own.

The plans he had were just put on hold, and it seemed the recent incident with Joo Mansik had sparked something in him.

Moreover, judging by his current attitude, that arrow is clearly aimed at the production team.

What could his plan be? Has he, perhaps, secretly signed a contract with some agency without our knowledge?

No, that's not it. Whatever it was, Yoo Sang-jun realized he needed to placate Junwoo before he could act on whatever he was planning.

"Junwoo. It seems like there's some misunderstanding."

"..."

"As you know, we have no ill intentions. We just want you to focus on the program and shine through it. You know how much effort we've put into supporting you, right?"