Chapter 8

Kim drove back to the apartment in tears, who the hell did he think he was, her father? His words kept replaying in her head 'too dangerous', "damn you Adam"

"Way to go Ruzek, you fucking blew it" he muttered grabbing a beer from the fridge and plopping down on the couch. He had screwed up, sure he wasn't thrilled about her being in intelligence but he never meant to imply that she couldn't handle it. He didn't know if he could handle her being Jay,Kevin, or Antonio's partner, he was certain Hank wouldn't allow them to partner up. "Screw it" he was going to make it right.

Kim was sitting on the couch when she heard the knock on the door "Kim, it's me open up"

She wanted to scream at him and tell him to go away, but the softness in his voice was pulling at her heartstrings "what are you doing here, I told you to go home" she wasn't going to give in at just the sight of him.

"Listen" Adam reached for her hand, she let him take it in her his "what happened at the restaurant was me being a dick" he sat down "it hurt that you didn't tell me, that I found out from Olinsky, you'll be great, it may take me some time to get used to it though"

She didn't know if she believe is sudden about face, "Adam are you sure?"

"I don't know, Kim, I'm terrified" he admitted "but I would be terrified if you stayed on patrol, seeing you being loaded in that ambulance was the worst thing I ever laid eyes on"

She sat in his lap draping her arms around his neck, "I'm okay, you need to stop worrying so much"

"I can't help it, I love you"

Adam watched as she slept, he still wasn't sure he was okay with her new position he knew he had no other choice but to accept it.

-----Note-----

I know this is short, still having some difficulty with this one, I have a few ideas but they aren't coming together so well in my outline. Please, bare with me as I try to get it together.

Check out 'Like Father Like Son', I may change the perspective way I'm writing it, it doesn't seem likes it flowing well.

As always thanks for reading!

Kristi