Chapter 15

Kim watched as Adam interacted with the guys from intelligence and he seemed to be over whatever was bothering him at his apartment, she went to Erin, "Hey, can I ask you something?" She said leading her away from the group.

"I'll be right back Jay" Erin said quickly kissing his cheek, everyone but Hank knew about their relationship, surprisingly Hank hadn't picked up on it yet. She followed Kim into a corner of the bar, "you alright?"

Kim sat at the table, "I might be a little paranoid but is Adam okay? He just seems distracted the last few weeks, like somethings bothering him" she explained, "has he said anything to you?"

"No" Erin shook her head, "have you asked him?"

It was such a simple question and one Kim couldn't explain why she hadn't , "I haven't asked, I guess I'm nervous to what he may say" her insecurities always getting the best of her. She still couldn't believe that she ended up with him, he seemed so out of her league.

Erin smiled, "Kim, you won't know if you don't ask him" she told her, "it's probably nothing, that man is head over heels for you"

"Hey Darlin', what'cha doing?" Adam asked as he snaked his arm around her waist, "come dance with me" he said as he pulled her across the room, "we could go back to my place you know" he whispered into her ear.

"You're drunk Adam" she told him as he kissed her neck, "we can't leave yet"

"Ugh, come on Kim" he begged, "how about just another hour?"

"Deal" she told him as they stood off in the corner.

"You two should get a room!" Sean yelled, "seriously, you're like a couple of teenagers, get a hold of yourselves" he laughed.

"Whatever Roman" Adam laughed, leading them back to the group, "Where'd Halstead go?"

"They left" Kevin told him.

"Kim, let's go. Jay and Erin left" Adam told her, "these guys won't miss us"

The smell of bacon woke him from his slumber, he threw on a pair of shorts and went to the safe. He opened it up and pulled the box out, he opened it and slid the ring on his pinky. "Let's do this Ruzek" he said to himself, what she didn't know wouldn't hurt her, she didn't need to know, it was all in the past and that's exactly where it was going to stay.

She was scrambling the eggs when he slipped his arms around her waist, "hey" he said as he moved her hair away from her neck and kissed her, "this smells wonderful" he told her.

"Thanks" she leaned into his embrace, "how are you feeling?"

"Not too bad" he said as he turned her to face him, "I love you"

She smiled, "I love you too" she kissed his cheek, "let's eat before it gets cold" she filled the plates and set them on the table, and sat down. "Adam?"

He kneeled in front of her and pulled the ring off his pinky, "So, I know I've been weird lately, but it's just I was trying to figure out how I was gonna ask you"

Kim was puzzled, "ask me what?" She said before she noticed the diamond ring he was holding, "Adam?"

"I love you, and want to spend the rest of my life with you" he said.