Chapter 40

Adam paced in front of the perimeter, it had been three hours since they rolled up on the scene, the crew inside had refused to budge on their demands.

They wanted out of the restaurant , and one of the biggest crime lords released from federal custody which Adam knew was not gonna happen, no matter how many times the hostage negotiator said otherwise.

He hated the way it was being played out, lying to them wasn't in his wife's best interest and in the end it would only piss them off.

Hank had just ripped apart the media for announcing Kim and Sean's names during their last news report.

Adam had already talked to his father, he knew his mother in law was distraught, and he wasn't far behind.

Erin reached out, "You hanging in?" She rubbed his arm, "Kim's badass you know, she's got this" she smiled softly, hoping her words would provide him some comfort.

He agreed, "I know" he didn't know what else to say.

It was as if someone was reaching in his chest and squeezing the life out of him, he was physically sick to his stomach.

"Nick needs her" he whispered, "I do too" his eyes misty.

Erin wrapped her arms around him, "we all do, she's coming out of this okay Adam, there isn't any other option"

Sean exited the bathroom, "Kim?" He said softly finding her huddling in the corner, blood on her shirt, "you hit?"

Kim sighed, "where the hell have you been?"

"Bathroom" was all he could say, he didn't dare tell her anymore than that.

"We need to make a move or something, get these people out of here" she whispered, "especially the baby, he's starving"

"Sit tight" Sean demanded, the last thing he wanted to do was draw attention to himself.

Kim just shook her head and stood up, "Let the baby and his mother go!" She demanded.

The guys looked at her, "You think we should?"

"He's hungry, he's just a baby. It'll help you in the long run, it'll be a sign of good faith. Maybe even get you some of your demands"

She waited as the group discussed it, "Sure, why not" he told her, "at the very least I won't have to hear him screaming anymore" he pulled a handgun from his waist band, "you're coming with" he tugged her violently against his chest and pushed the gun into her temple, "let's go ladies" he smirked as the two other women stood up and followed him to the door.

"Tell them we're coming out" he spoke through his clenched teeth

Kim slowly walked to the door and turned the lock, slowly pushing it open, "Don't do anything stupid, lady" he reminded her, jamming the gun against her temple.

"I won't" Kim told him, visions of Nicholas flashing through her mind's eye.

"We've got movement at the main entrance" a voice came over the radio, "hold your fire"

All eyes turned on the front entrance, Jay was the first to spot her.

"He's got Kim!" Jay called out over the radio, "hold your fire he's got Kim!!"

"He's letting three hostages go!" Kim screamed, "he says if you don't come through with his demands, they'll be the only ones released"