Chapter 11

As they approached the DMV, SWAT had already set a perimeter and  started talking to the three men inside.

"What do we have?" Voight asked his hands on his hips, "I think two of my guys are inside, I want them out and without injuries"

Antonio watched as Kim stared off into the distance, "Burgess, you okay?" He asked her, the question falling on deaf ears. He went up to her and put his hand on her shoulder, causing her to jump "you okay?"

"Yea, sorry" she muttered, "I need to know if he's okay, Antonio, has anyone spoke to whoever it is holding them?"

Antonio pointed over to the the area that had become the command center, "Voight is with them now, he'll find out if they're okay" he patted her arm "Al and Adam are good cops, Al's the best Kim"

She offered a weak smile, "I know," she was wondering if accepting the spot with Intelligence had been a wise choice, this was what they did day in and day out. At least when she was on patrol she heard all the stories after the fact when Adam was no longer in danger. This, being in the same unit with him, and not being partnered with him was a lot harder than she had anticipated.

"I want to talk to him, I need to know my guys are ok!" Hank yelled, everyone's head turning in the direction of Hank and Cunningham from SWAT, "Now, Cunnie" he used the man's nickname.

"Fine" he said as he handed Voight the phone, "do us all a favor and don't piss him off"

"Screw you Cunnie, trust me my guys will be the one to end this"  he told him, the two having a rivalry that dated back nearly fifteen years.

"What the fuck do you want?" Jack asked when he picked the phone up, he was done talking the the pigs.

"My name is Voight, what are you trying to accomplish with this stunt? Can't be more than fifteen hundred dollars in that building so you aren't after cash" he told him, he didn't want to blow Adam and Al's cover if they hadn't been made as cops yet. "How many people you have?"

Jack scanned the crowd, he counted four customers, the two bitches behind the counter and little Paulie "seven, and the added bonus of the two pigs, one is just a squealing by way, roughed his pretty boy ass up just a bit" he laughed.

"You son of a bitch!" Hank yelled, "let me talk to one of my guys" he damned.

"Woah, I'm pretty sure you aren't the one that should be making demands, brother" he hopped on the counter, "but, you can get us some food" his stomach was growling.

Hank was aggravated, "what do you want?"

"Trevor! Keith! Pizza okay?" He yelled out, he could hear Hank yelling "listen brother you really need to calm down, or I'm gonna have to take it out on someone, gets us some pizza" he slammed the phone down.

Hank slammed his hands down on the table, sending paperwork everywhere "he knows Olinsky and Ruzek are cops, said he roughed one of them up. He's asking for pizza, we need to breach, has he even made any demands?" He questioned.

"Nothing, the pizza is the first thing he asked for" Cunningham said as he finished putting in the request for pizza into the computer, "we're not even sure of his motive, hoping to get something from the security camera"

"I wanna know when we are making a move, my unit is first in" Hank was chomping at the bit to get inside, he knew one of them was hurt and that left him feeling uneasy.

"Boss, what do we know?" Halstead asked, "how many hostages?"

"Seven, nine with Ruzek and Olinsky" he checked his watch "I'm giving SWAT an hour and then we go in"

"Sarge, are they ok?" Kim asked tentatively, "does he know they're cops?"

Hank nodded, "he does, I don't know their condition. The guy knows he needs them alive if he wants to walk out of this in one piece"

Adam's side was screaming, he was certain he had at least one broken rib "Al" he whispered as the trio huddled in the corner "we need to get these people out of here"

"Once we make a move we can't turn back Adam, are you sure?" Al asked him, with even the slightest movement Adam grimaced in pain.

"Yeah, O. I'm fine" he said, as he slid closer to the hostages who had all been made to sit in the corner of the building, "My name is Adam, and he's Al, we're police officers" he told them, though he was sure they had gathered that much already "we're gonna get out of here in just a little bit. Sit tight"

They waited until the three men all had their backs to them, He and Al locked eyes and as Al counted to three using his fingers, they both stood and ran after the three men knocking them down.

As they each struggled for control over the guns, shots rang out.

"Move in now!" Cunningham yelled, SWAT busting the door down and both units charged in.