Chapter 32

Deborah spotted the brown haired boy running and knew it was her grandson immediately, "Nicholas?" She yelled, quickly scooping him up in her arms, "my goodness, my sweet boy"

Adam stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Nicholas in his mother in law's arms, "Darlin', look" he pointed towards them.

Kim dropped the bag at Adam's feet and ran towards her mother and son, "Mom?"

Deborah broke her gaze from Nicholas and smiled when she saw Kim, "Kim, I remember you, oh my god I remember" she sobbed, she put Nicholas down and wrapped her arms around Kim, both of them in tears.

Leanne stood off to the side, "Adam Ruzek" he extended his hand, "thank you for taking care of my mother in law"

"The pleasure was mine, I'm so happy for her and your family" she shook his hand, "this must be Nicky" she stroked his arm, "she remembered him"

Adam smiled, "he's her only grandchild and he was the center of her universe"

Deborah and Kim finally separated, "Adam, honey come here" she opened her arms to him, "How did you find me?"

Adam hugged her, "My unit helped, I just wish it hadn't taken so long"

He looked her over, "are you okay?

"I will be" she told him, "I need to know where Michael is, if they found him" she said fighting tears, "he needs a proper burial"

"Mom, we will find him, I promise" Kim told her,"I'm so thankful you're okay"

The next few days flew by, Deborah couldn't help but feel sad, "I'm going to miss you Leanne" she wiped her eyes, "you will always have a special place in my heart, I don't know what I would have done without you"

Leanne smiled, "I love you"

"I love you too, please come visit Chicago soon"

Leanne hugged her, "I plan on it"

Adam sat in the row behind them, had already started contacting various agencies to see if he could locate his father in law's remains, Deborah was certain they had been assaulted in California.

He smiled as he watched them play with Nicholas who seemed to remember Deborah, he was so young when they left for their trip but it was hard to argue that he didn't remember her. He didn't want her to put him down and cried when she attempted to, he sat in her lap almost the entire flight.

Deborah watched as the Chicago skyline appeared before her, "Kim, honey I don't think I can do this" she told her, "I can't live in that house without your daddy"

Kim held her hand, "you don't have to, you can live with us. Nicholas will love it" she told her.

Adam leaned forward in his seat, "it's a great idea, please move in"

"Hey, I'm gonna take Nick to the park. He's got some energy to burn" he told Kim, "and I think you and your mom need some time alone" he kissed her cheek, "Come on, Nick let's go"

"Thank you Adam" Kim kissed Nicky's head, "be good for daddy"

Kim watched her mother fix a cup of coffee, "Mom, how are you doing?"

Deborah sighed, "I don't know. I'm overwhelmed" she sat down, "I just wish I knew where your dad was"

Kim grabbed a bottle of water, " I do too, Adam has already started the search, intelligence is working on it and so is the FBI, we will find him and the animals that did this"

She stirred her coffee, setting the spoon on the saucer, "are you and Adam sure about me moving in? Don't you want to discuss it?"

Kim shook her head, "don't be silly mom, of course we want you here. Nicholas will love it, and you still need some help" her stamina still not where it had been, "I don't want you to be alone"

"Mommy!" Nicky ran in the house, "mommy I home" he climbed on to the couch,and sat in Deborah's lap.

"Oh, grandma has missed you little man" she pulled him close, "so much"

--Note---

Ending this for here, for now. I may come back and try it again but this one has given me a lot to trouble and I feel like it's best to end it here.

Trying to wrap all my stories up, and again I didn't edit it.

My bad.