Chapter 31

He took a few steps back and looked at the map again, "I think it's time you told her" he said, "we've been at this for weeks"

"I know Jay, I just hope we'd have something to go on by now" Adam sighed, "but I think you're right"

"You still haven't heard from all the hospitals?"

"Nope, still waiting to hear back from Las Vegas General and Clark County" Adam said checking his notes, "they're the last two"

"Are you sure?" She asked her as she put the suitcase in the trunk, "this is the definition of going above and beyond you know" she smiled warmly.

Leanne laughed, "stop asking me if I'm sure, you're coming home with me!" She told her, "you don't need to be in the hospital anymore and you have nowhere else to go" she closed the trunk, "now let's go"

Adam was dreading the conversation he wasn't sure how she would react, "Where's Nick?" He asked.

"He's sleeping, your dad wiped him out" she sat down beside him, "we've missed you, any chance that case will be wrapping up soon?" He had barely spent more than a few hours at a time at home over the last month or so.

He put his feet up on the coffee table, "We need to talk about that"

"What do you mean?"

"Intelligence doesn't have a case, well not a heater anyway" he started, her facial expression showed her confusion, "I've been looking into your parents disappearance, actually intelligence has"

"Okay" Kim whispered, "did you find something?"

"Yes and no" he told her leaning forward.

"What the hell does that mean?"

Adam took her hand, "Please let me tell you everything" he knew she would be angry he kept it from her "and understand I didn't want to hurt you"

"Adam?"

"About a month ago, I went to your parents house and got your dad's laptop and had Mouse look it over"

"Did he find anything?"

Adam nodded, "yea, seems your dad had a program that kept track of the RVs location at all times and it provided a detailed map of their travel history" he told her.

She brought her hand to her mouth, "Oh my god, what did it say?"

"They made a stop in Nevada, just outside of Las Vegas" he told her, "which we both know wasn't on their itinerary"

Kim got up from the couch, and leaned against the window over looking their backyard, "we had that all along and I wouldn't let anyone touch their things" she began to cry, "Adam, we could have known about this months ago"

"Don't do it" he went up behind her wrapping his arms around her waist, "this isn't your fault"

"I should have let them look at the computer" she told him.

"It doesn't matter now, I have contacted local hospitals in and around Las Vegas and the police departments, so far nothing"

"Damn it!"

"How's your house guest doing?" Jane asked Leanne as they clocked in, "it was really kind of you to take her in"

Leanne shrugged, "she reminds me of my own mother, she had nowhere else to go and I won't turn my back on her"

They gathered for the morning meeting, usually a giant waste of time. Their new boss had insisted on them as a way to build 'camaraderie'.

"Here I need everyone to take a look at this, it was sent to the local hospitals" he passed the fliers out to the group, "I don't recognize the woman but feel it's worth a shot"