Chapter 10

------NOTE--------

Before you read this chapter I suggest re-reading it from the beginning it's been awhile, and for that I'm sorry.

As always, thanks for reading

-Kristi
----------------------------------

Al couldn't believe their luck, or lack thereof to be truthful. He watched as the guy, pushed Adam to floor and kicked him.

"C'mon man, he listened why'd you kick him?" Al asked him, that guy was not in charge he was too impulsive and couldn't control his emotions. "Listen, this place doesn't have enough money, so you're obviously not robbing it, what gives?"

Another man came from the back, "here's Paulie!" He was dragging another man by his necktie, "I found him hiding behind his desk like the little bitch he is" Keith told Jack.

"What do you want Jack?" Paul wanted to know, he didn't want to say too much not sure of what Jack already knew.

"How could you let me take the fall?" Jack asked waving the gun in the air, "he showed up at my house last night, I'm a marked man now"  he walked over to where Trevor stood over a prime Adam and kicked him.

Adam was face down on the floor, pretty sure the last thing he ate was about to make an appearance, he gasped for air.

"At least let me get him a drink, please" Al begged, "he's struggling"

He waved the gun in the direction of the vending machine, "go, but don't be stupid, just a drink"

Al swiped his credit card, "these things take Visa, now? That's wild" he was trying to lure Jack into a fall sense of security, "Ruzek, you want water or soda?"

Adam groaned, "Jesus Christ Al, I don't care as long as it's cold and wet" he was leaning against the counter now, he was trying to figure out who was working with Jack and who was a hostage. He was pretty confident it was just the three guys.

"Here kid" Al handed him the bottle of water, "you think you can help?" He whispered in Adam's ear.

Adam unscrewed the cap and took a sip, "yea, it hurts but we gotta get everyone out"

Everyone was gathered at the bullpen waiting to shut it down for the day, "has anyone seen or heard from O and Ruzek?" Hank asked annoyed with their absence.

"No, Adam said he had a stop to make but never said where" Jay announced, "but that was hours ago" he started to dial Adam's number. "Burgess, you haven't spoken to him?"

She shook her head no, "not since this morning" they wanted to limit their conversations while at work in an effort to maintain some semblance of professionalism.

"Went to voicemail, I will call O's too" Jay said.

"Voight, we just got a call about a possible hostage situation at the DMV on the south side" Platt said from the top of the stairs, "last I heard from Olinsky, that's where they were headed"

"Shit!"

"SWAT is already en route, but they've requested you guys too" Platt informed them before heading back down stairs.

"Suit up, let's take care of business" Hank said as he grabbed his vest and slid it on.