𝐢𝐯. 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ENDGAME} act i. . .
. . .the way you betrayed me

CHAPTER THREE °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:
    — 'a fall of bravery

ೃ࿔*:・                        — 'a fall of bravery

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・Rayn °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"Hey are you still awake?" Percy asked me.

"Yes." Sadly he didn't laugh at my joke.

"You and Thalia were really close right?" Why was he asking me about her?

"Yeah..." this was getting weird.

"What was she like?" Why did he want to know about her? Why now? He made fun of her tree before.

"Why?" I snapped at him. It was silent for only a second.

"She was the last forbidden child before me right? She must've dealt with the same kind of stuff." Oh right, they are both forbidden kids.

"She was tough. I mean she knew she was a forbidden kid she just didn't care." Nobody has asked me about Thalia's life in so long, they just ask about her tree, the last moments. "When Luke, Annabeth and Thalia found me, Luke cared for me right away, but with Thalia, she made me earn it." It was nice talking about Thalia's life and not just the end of it.

"Is that why you give me a hard time? I gotta earn it with you to?" Well I didnt at first, until he yelled at me for saving him.

"I wasn't hard on you first, until you gave out to me for saving your ass during capture the flag." He paused for a moment, like he was recalling that day.

"Yeah, sorry about that..." finally, he admits to doing something wrong.
"I've gotta say it doesn't make sense to me." What is he on about now.

"What doesn't make sense to you?"

"The way you guys all talk, how the Gods want us to think, gotta burn an offering to get your parents attention, gotta beat Clarisse to get my father to just admit to being my father. It isn't supposed to work that way. People who care about you shouldn't treat you that way." That was a lot. What confuses me is that he's not wrong...

"You want to know how I ended up alone on the road in the first place?" Was I really about to tell him everything? Yes, I needed to let it out.

"I started out as a gift to my father, he met my mother during her free time away from the underworld, so she couldn't stay with us. He loved and cared for me waiting for her to return at the start of spring. She never did. He moved on after 5 years of waiting for her. Met his now wife, they had their own kids so I kind of got shoved out of their perfect family picture." I had to take a second so I wouldn't cry in-front of bubble brain. "When I finally had enough I ran away, I was 8 years old. Nobody ever came looking for me. Until the others found me and took me in." The world wasn't fair, he had to stop acting like that only started now.