𝐯. 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐩

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ENDGAME} act iii. . .
. . .true love, that doesn't exist

           CHAPTER FIVE°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
'winter at camp'

ೃ࿔*:・                            — 'winter at camp'

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・Percy°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I realised I had never been at camp during winter.

I thought the camp would be the same with the magic climate control but the snow had been allowed to fall lightly.

"Is this your first time here in winter?" Thalia asked me.

"Yeah."

She laughed a little. "Well, you haven't seen Rayn during winter then?"

"Uhh, no why?"

"Well, her mom is in the underworld half of the year so, her mood shifts," she looked over at Rayn. "That's the best way I can put it."

I saw Rayn talking with Nico so I walked over, she was in a good mood so I don't know what Thalia was talking about.

"Whoa," Nico looked around camp. "Is that a climbing wall?"

"Yeah," Rayn said.

"Why is there lava pouring down it?"

"Little extra challenge."

"Come on Nico," I said, "I'll introduce you to Chiron. Zoë, have you met—"

"I know Chiron," Zoë said stiffly. "Tell him we will be in Cabin Eight. Hunters, follow me."

"I'll show you the way," Grover offered.

"We know the way."

"Oh, really, it's no trouble. It's easy to get lost here, if you don't"— he tripped over a canoe and camp up still talking— "like my old daddy goat used to say! Come on!"

Zoë rolled her eyes, but I guess she figured there was no getting rid of Grover. As Bianca left she whispered something in Nico's ear before leaving. She looked at him for an answer, but he just scowled and turned away.

"Take care, sweethearts," Apollo called after the Hunters. He winked at me. "Watch out for those prophecies, Percy. I'll see you soon."

"What do you mean?"

Instead of answering he hopped back into the bus. "Later Thalia," he called. "And, uh, be good!"