𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐮𝐩

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ENDGAME} act ii. . .
   . . .as deep as the seafloor

         CHAPTER EIGHT°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:
      — 'shit blows up'

ೃ࿔*:・                      — 'shit blows up'

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:Rayn °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

"You are in so much trouble," Clarisse said through her gritted teeth.

We'd just finished a ship tour we didn't want, the dark rooms were overcrowded with dead sailors. We have seen everything, even Clarisse's favourite. The gunnery deck.

I was exhausted, it felt like I had a sugar crash after a sugar high.

I was sitting on the deck when Percy came over and sat beside me.

"Hey," he said awkwardly. "We haven't talked, in a while."

"Yeah," I wasn't fully sure what he was talking about. "Just to be clear, what does that mean?"

He laughed slightly, "Well first, the 'letters' you sent me."

I looked over at him and he was already smirking at me, "I wrote to you every day, it's fine you didn't get them. Or if you didn't read them."

His smile faded, "I promise, I never got them, but what did they say?"

I hesitated for a minute, remembering what I wrote, "Oh, just updates on camp and what had been happening."

"Right," he kind of nodded like he was trying to picture something.

A dead sailor came over to get up for dinner.

The captain's quarters were way bigger than anywhere else on the ship, it was decorated extravagantly.

Everything looked like it was from a five-star diner except the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with Dr Pepper for dinner.

"Tantalus expelled you for eternity," Clarisse said smugly. "Mr. D said if any of you show your face at camp again, he'll turn you into squirrels and run you over with his new SUV."

"Did they give you this ship?" Percy asked.

"Course not. My father did."

"Ares?"

Clarisse sneered, "You think your daddy is the only one with sea power? The spirits on the losing side of every war owe a tribute to Ares. That's their curse for being defeated. I prayed to my father for a naval transport and here it is. These guys will do anything I tell them. Won't you, Captain?''