𝐢. 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ENDGAME} act iii. . .
. . .true love, that doesn't exist

    CHAPTER ONE°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
      — 'rescue mission gone wrong'

ೃ࿔*:・           — 'rescue mission gone wrong'

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・Percy °❀⋆.ೃ*:

It was Friday before winter break. My mom packed me an overnight bag and some deadly weapons. We were heading to a new boarding school. We picked up my friends Rayn, Annabeth and Thalia on the way.

It was an eight-hour drive from New York to Bar Harbor, Maine. Sleet and snow pounded the highway. We hadn't seen each other for months, between the blizzard and the thought of what we were about to do, we were too nervous to talk much.

My mom had no problem talking though. She talks more when she's nervous. By the time we got to Westover Hall, it was getting dark. She had told my friends every embarrassing baby story there was to tell about me.

Thalia wiped the fog off the car window and peered outside. "Oh, yeah. This'll be fun."

Westover Hall looked like an evil knight's castle. It was all black stone, with towers and slit windows and a big set of double doors. It stood on a snowy cliff overlooking this big frosty forest on one side and the gray churning ocean on the other.

"Are you sure you don't want me to wait?" My mother asked.

"No thanks, mom," I said. "I don't know how long it will take. We'll be okay."

"But how will you get back? I'm worried, Percy."

I really hope I'm not blushing, it was bad enough that my mom was driving me to my battles.

"It's okay, Ms. Jackson," Rayn smiled reassuringly. Her hair was in a braid, her eyes were the same colour as the ocean. "We'll keep him out of trouble."

My mom seemed to relax a little. She thinks that Rayn is the most responsible demigod. I don't really agree but, whatever stops this embarrassment.

"All right, dears," my mom said. "Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes, Ms. Jackson," Thalia said. "Thanks for the ride."

"Extra sweaters? You have my cell phone number?"

"Mom—"

"Your ambrosia and nectar, Percy? And a golden drachma incase you need to contact camp?"

"Mom, seriously! We'll be fine. Come on, guys."