𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐦 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ENDGAME} act iii. . .
. . .true love, that doesn't exist

CHAPTER TWELVE°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
                        — 'a dam problem'

ೃ࿔*:・                          — 'a dam problem'

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・Rayn°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

We found a tow truck at the edge of the junkyard. Thalia was driving, since she was in the least shock.

I offered to drive but Percy said I was too high on ambrosia to function, (he also said that my normal driving was bad enough).

"If I was high on ambrosia, I'd be dead," I told him.

"Yeah, yeah," he smiled slightly.

Thalia and Zoe sat up front. Grover, Percy and I sat in the pickup bed, leaning against the tow wench.

I saw Percy holding a figurine, like one of the ones Nico collected.

"It should've been me," Percy said. "I should've gone into the giant."

"Don't say that!" Grover panicked. "It's bad enough Annabeth is gone, now Bianca. Do you think I could stand it if..." He sniffled. "Do you think anybody else would be my best friend?"

"Ah, Grover..."

Percy comforted Grover. I looked out at the bushes blurring past us. I thought of the friends I have had. Chase, was dead. Annabeth, gone missing. Bianca, dead. I couldn't help but feel I had somehow cursed them.

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

The tow truck ran out of gas at the edge of a river canyon. It was also the end of the road.

Thalia got out and slammed the door. Immediately, one of the tires blew. "Great. What now?"

I looked around, there wasn't much to see. Desert in all directions, some barren mountains scattered around the place. The only interesting thing was the canyon.

"There's a path," Grover said. "We could get to the river."

I tried to see what path he was talking about. I don't think you could even call it a path at how small it was.

"That's a goat path," Percy said.

"So?" He asked.

"The only goat here is you," I said.