𝐱𝐢. 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ENDGAME} act ii. . .
. . .as deep as the seafloor

     CHAPTER ELEVEN°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:
           — 'doomed together'

ೃ࿔*:・                     — 'doomed together'

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:Rayn °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

If you think about a monster island, you'd think about a stormy evil den. This place just looked beautiful. Which probably meant something horrible lives here.

We sailed towards the island. It had green hills, fruit trees and white beaches.

I breathed in the sweet air, "the fleece." I couldn't see the fleece yet, but I could feel its power.

"If we take the fleece away, will this island die?" Percy asked.

Annabeth shook her head. "It'll fade. Go back to what it would be normally, whatever that is."

I felt guilty ruining this paradise, but we had no choice. Camp Half-Blood is in trouble. I knew Thalia would be proud if we saved her tree.

In the meadow at the base of the ravine, several dozen sheep were milling around. They were pretty peaceful, but they were the size of hippos.

Past the sheep was a path that led up into the hills. At the top of the path, near the edge of the canyon, was a massive oak tree. Something good glittered in its branches.

"This is too easy," Percy said. "We could just hike up there and take it?"

I looked around the tree but nothing was close to it. "There's supposed to be a guardian. A dragon or..."

A deer emerged from the bushes. It trotted into the meadow, probably searching for grass to munch on.

"Awh," I stared at the deer.

It looked so peaceful until the sheep ganged up on it. It happened so fast all you could see were sheep eating.

Grass and tufts of fur flew into the air.

A second later the sheep spread out again, back to their innocent wanderings. Where the deer had been was a pile of clean white bones.

"Oh..." the poor deer I thought.

"They're like piranhas," Annabeth said.

"Fluffy piranhas. How will we—"

Annabeth cut Percy off and grabbed his arm. "Look."

She pointed down the beach, to just below the sheep meadow, where a small boat had been run aground... the other lifeboat from the CSS BIRMINGHAM.

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

We were going to sneak past the vicious sheep, but we decided it was a hopeless path.