𝐯. 𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ENDGAME} act ii. . .
   . . .as deep as the seafloor

  CHAPTER FIVE°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:
          — 'unexpected cruise trip"

ೃ࿔*:・             — 'unexpected cruise trip"

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:Percy°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

We had to scrub plates for hours since Tantalus decided to hold a three course meal for Clarisse's victory.

We were able to talk about my dreams of Grover.

"If he's really found it," Rayn murmured, "and if we could retrieve it-"

"Hold on." I said. "You act like this... whatever-it-is Grover found is the only thing in the world that could save camp. What is it?"

Rayn looked at me. "I'll give you a hint. What do you get when you skin a ram?"

"Messy?"

She sighed. "A fleece. The coat of a ram is called a fleece. And if that ram happens to had golden wool—"

"The Golden Fleece. Are you serious?"

Annabeth scarped a plateful of dead bird bones into the lava. "Percy, remember the Gray Sisters? They said they knew the location of the thing you seek. And they mentioned Jason. Three thousand years ago, they told him how to find the Golden Fleece. You do know the story of Jason and the Argonauts?"

"Yeah," I said. "That old movie with the clay skeletons."

Rayn rolled her eyes. "Oh my gods, Percy! You are so hopeless."

"What?"

"Just listen. The real story of the Fleece: there were these two children of Zeus, Cadmus and Europa, okay? They were about to get offered up as human sacrifices, when they prayed to Zeus to save them. So Zeus sent this magical flying ram with golden wool, which picked them up in Greece and carried them all the way to Colchis in Asia Minor. Well, actually it carried Cadmus. Europa fell off and died along the way, but that's not important."

"It was probably important to her."

"The point is, when Cadmus got to Colchis, he sacrificed the golden ram to the gods and hung the Fleece in a tree in the middle of the kingdom. The Fleece brought prosperity to the land. Animals stopped getting sick. Plants grew better. Farmers had bumper crops. Plagues never visited. That's why Jason wanted the Fleece. It can revitalise any land where it's placed. It cures sickness, strengthens nature, cleans up pollution—"