𝐱𝐯. 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ENDGAME} act ii. . .
. . .as deep as the seafloor

            CHAPTER FIFTEEN°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
          — 'party pony express'

ೃ࿔*:・             — 'party pony express'

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・Percy °❀⋆.ೃ*:

"One on one," I challenged Luke. "What are you afraid of?"

Luke curled his lip. The soldiers that were about to murder us, hesitated waiting for his order.

Before Luke could say anything, Argius, the bear-man, burst onto the deck with a flying horse.

It was the first fully black Pegasus I'd ever seen, with wings like a giant raven. The Pegasus mare bucked and whinnied. I could understand her thoughts. She was calling Agrius and Luke some names so bad Chiron would've washed her muzzle out with saddle soap.

"Sir!" Argius called, dodging a Pegasus hoof. "Your steed is ready!"

Luke kept his eyes on me.

"I told you last summer, Percy," he said. "You cant bait me into a fight."

"And you keep avoiding one," I noticed. "Scared your warriors will see you get whipped?"

Luke glanced at his men, I had trapped him. If he backed down now, he would look weak. If he fought me, he'd lose valuable time chasing after Clarisse. For my part, the best I could hope for was to distract him, giving my friends time to escape.

"I'll kill you quickly," he decided, and raised his weapon. Back biter was a foot longer than my own.

Luke whistled to one of his men, who threw him a round leather-and-bronze shield. He turned back and grinned at me wickedly.

"Luke," Rayn said. "At least give him a shield, as well."

"Sorry, Rayn," he said. "You bring your own equipment to this party."

The shield was a problem. He had offence and defence now. I thought back to Chiron, who'd told me to stay at camp no matter what, and learn to fight. Now, I would pay for not listening to him.

Luke lunged and almost killed me in the first try. His sword went under my arm, slashing through my shirt and grazing my ribs.

I jumped back and counterattacked with riptide, but Luke slammed my blade away with his shield.

"My, Percy," Luke chided. "You're out of practice."

He came at me again, trying to swipe my head. I parried and returned with a thrust. He sidestepped easily.