𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ENDGAME} act iii. . .
. . .true love, that doesn't exist

CHAPTER FOURTEEN°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
                          — 'fight or flight?'

ೃ࿔*:・                          — 'fight or flight?'

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・Rayn°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"Well, well, well," the manticore gloated. His Westover Hall uniform was torn and stained, his hair was longer and greasy. It looked like he hadn't gotten much sleep. "I shall feast on your flesh, half-bloods."

Two armed security guys stood on either side of him, both mortal mercenaries. Another two were next to the boat dock incase we tried to run.

"Did your skeletons run off?" I asked.

He sneered. "I do not need those foolish undead! The General thinks I am worthless? He will change his mind when I defeat you myself!"

I tried to scramble a plan together in my head but nothing was clicking.

"We beat you once before," Percy said.

"You could barely fight me with a goddess on your side. Alas, that goddess is preoccupied now. There will be no help for you."

Zoe aimed an arrow straight at the manticores head, causing the two mortals to raise their guns.

"Wait!" I said. "Zoe, don't!"

The manticore smiled. "It would be a shame to kill you, Zoe Nightshade, before you witness Thalias great victory."

"What are you talking about?" Thalia growled, holding her spear and shield ready. 

"Surely it is clear," the manticore said. "This is your moment. You will sacrifice the Ophiotaurus, gain unlimited power and for your sixteenth birthday, you will overthrow Olympus."

Nobody spoke. It made too much sense, the prophecy wasn't for Percy. It was for Thalia.

I waited for Thalia to tell the manticore he was wrong, but she hesitated.

"You know it's the right choice," the manticore told her. "Luke recognised it. Reunite with him. Rule the world with him. Call the beast! Its will come to you. Use your spear."

"Thalia," I said. "Snap out of it!"

She looked at me, completely in a daze, "I...I don't..."

Percy looked at me and I guessed what he wanted me to do, well I hope what he wanted me to do was tangle the guards and manticore in a flowery-vine mess.