8. Little Birdie✨

Akshu's Pov:

I woke up with a sudden, throbbing headache and couldn't remember what had happened earlier. I looked around the room, which screamed richness. The scent of masculine cologne filled the air. The room was decorated in shades of pitch black and grey, adding to its intimidating atmosphere. I was sitting on a large king-sized bed, the soft, luxurious duvet covering me. As I took in my surroundings, the memories of the previous day came flooding back, and terror gripped me. Veer would definitely kill me.

Determined to talk to him, I looked around but he wasn't in the room. I pulled back the duvet and swung my legs over the side of the bed, ready to stand, but as soon as I tried to move, a sharp ache shot through my ankle. I looked down and felt a surge of panic: my right leg was tied to the bed with a metal chain. Shock washed over me. How could he do this to me? I tugged at the chain desperately, trying to free myself, but it was no use. The chain was strong, and every pull only made the metal bite into my skin.

My heart pounded in my chest as I tried to think of a way out. I pulled harder, using all my strength, but the chain didn't budge. I looked around the room for something, anything, that could help me break free. The walls were a dark grey, and heavy black curtains covered the windows, blocking out any light. The furniture was sleek and expensive-looking, adding to the room's oppressive atmosphere. A large wardrobe stood in one corner, and a massive mirror hung on the opposite wall, reflecting my frightened face back at me.

The door to the room suddenly burst open, and Veer walked in, exuding a sense of power and control. "You woke up, baby," he said, stepping closer. His presence filled the room, making it feel even smaller and more suffocating. I instinctively stepped back, trying to run, but the chain caught me, and I almost fell. Veer caught me, his hand on my waist.

"Please, I want to go... please, Veer, please," I cried, breaking down in front of him. He held me in his arms and said, "Sweetheart, you can ask me for anything, and I'll give it to you in seconds, except you leaving me."

"I love you, Akshu. Please don't leave me," he said, his voice thick with emotion, though I couldn't ignore the fact that he had taken me here against my will.

"Just leave me, I hate you," I spat out. His expression darkened, and suddenly he pinned me to the wall, his hand around my throat. My eyes bulged, and I grasped at his hand, trying to pull it away. He wasn't squeezing too hard, but I was weak and scared.

"You are my wife," he said in a dangerous tone, "and even if we don't marry, it's fine with me. But I wanted our marriage to be memorable and official." He released me, and I gasped for air, my chest heaving.

Veer walked over to my leg and unlocked the chain with a key. The relief of the chain falling away was immediate, but fear still coursed through me. He looked at me and said, "I didn't forget your stunt. But I'm giving you one last chance. If you do this again, I promise I will kill your only best friend, Shyra. Understood?"

[Abhi be like: Haa tu Shyra ko maarega aur mai toh khada dekhta rahunga na, Sale😒]

I nodded my head in fear. "Words, baby."

"Yes... yes, I'll not do anything. Where are we?" I asked, hoping for some clarity.

"In my penthouse. Come downstairs, we need to talk," he said and left me there, feeling dumbfounded.

Soon, a maid came in with a red suit and said, "Master has asked you to wear this and come downstairs. I'll be waiting outside."

"Okay, wait for 10 minutes," I replied. I went inside the bathroom, amazed at its size—it was triple the size of my room. I quickly showered and came out. The maid was waiting for me. I followed her downstairs, feeling intimidated by the house's grandeur. The interiors were elegant but overwhelming. We reached the dining hall, and she bowed before closing the door, leaving just the two of us in the room.