13. Plan to escape!!

Author note:

After the ceremony, Akshu went to her room, feeling very restless. She wondered why she couldn't do anything for herself.

She loved his family, but she knew she couldn't live with him.

Suddenly, she heard a knock on the door. She got startled, but when she heard the voice, she calmed down.

"May I?" Nisha asked before entering. She came in with a warm smile.

Akshu POV:

"I couldn't talk to you well before," Nisha said while holding my hands. Her gesture made me want to trust her and tell her everything. But I can't do that. I don't want to risk her life.

"Are you okay? I mean, tum thik ho na? Kuch hua hai tumhe? Maine notice kiya tum kuch time se distracted thi, Akshu?" She bombarded me with questions.

[Did something happen? Are you okay? I have noticed you were distracted for sometime.]

How could she know all this? I didn't want to lie. After Shyra, someone had finally seen through my fake smile. I couldn't lie to her without making eye contact.

She held my chin and made me look up. Concern showed in her eyes as she said, "Akshu, kuch hua hai toh you can share with me, okay?"

[akshu did something happened, you can share with me, okay?]

She wanted to help me. Maybe I could escape. "Actually woh..." She clutched my hand tightly to assure me.

I looked around and closed the door. "Nisha woh..." I started to tell her everything, from today to a few hours ago.

When I looked up at her face, she was very angry. She started cursing Mr. Singhaniya, "Huh, kutta kamina haramkhor! Yeh Veer toh... I can't believe this, yaar!"

"Or tumne unko ek chanta tak nahi maara? I mean, kuch kaha nahi?" she said. I remembered the day when I slapped him; he didn't even flinch. I'm not as strong as him.

[And you didn't even slapped him? I mean, you didn't even say anything to him?]

"I did, but..." No words were coming out. I started crying, and Nisha engulfed me in a tight hug.

"Don't worry, main aagayi hu na, toh main kuch sochti hu." Nisha reassured me. I smiled a bit.

[Don't worry, I'm here now, I will think about it something]

Suddenly, Nisha said, "Shyra." She pulled away from the hug, and I saw Shyra standing at the doorstep.

She was clutching her lehenga so tightly. I knew she was angry with me. But I didn't want to risk her life.

She came toward me and yelled, "Akshu, tu pagal hai! Why did you not let me know about this? I would have helped you, but you kept it to yourself. Am I not your best friend, huh?"

I shook my head in denial. We were crying and hugging each other like our lives depended on it.

"I'm sorry, Akshu. I couldn't understand your pain," she said, and we all cried together, feeling a mix of relief, sorrow, and the deep bond of friendship that held us together.

***************************************
After a while

"Now what?" Nisha asked, pacing around the room while Shyra tapped her foot, deep in thought. Akshu sat on the edge of the bed, feeling overwhelmed.

"Suno, abhi ke liye hum bahar jate hain, and pretend krenge ki as if nothing happened. Tab tak koi na koi idea jarur ayega," Nisha said, and the other two nodded in agreement.