33. !! Birthday !!

📖

The next day:

Morning sunlight streamed through the curtains, gently nudging Akshu awake. With a soft smile, she turned to her husband, Veeransh, who was still lost in the world of dreams. She reached out to brush aside a few stray locks of hair that danced on his forehead.

"Good morning, dear husband," she whispered, her voice carrying the warmth of affection. "Happy Birthday, Veeransh," she added, her words a gentle melody in the quiet morning. 

Akshu couldn't contain her excitement. With a playful giggle, she planted a quick kiss on Veeransh's cheek before darting off to the bathroom, her heart brimming with anticipation.

As the day unfolded, the rest of the family members pretended to go about their usual routines, their excitement bubbling just beneath the surface. 

Everybody sat on the breakfast table to have morning breakfast, when  Riansh and Hriday descended the stairs, their arms tangled in a fierce tug-of-war over a single t-shirt, the rest of the family's attention snapped to them like magnets drawn to chaos.

Riansh, with a comically exasperated expression, cried out, "Hriday ke bacche, meri t-shirt chod!" (Hriday, let go of my t-shirt!)

Hriday shot back, his glare matching his elder brother's intensity. "Yeh meri hai, Bhabhimaa ne gift ki thi!" (This is mine, Bhabhimaa gifted it to me!)

The siblings locked eyes in a battle of wills, their arms straining as they pulled back and forth, each refusing to relinquish their hold on the prized garment.

Riansh, with a dramatic flourish, attempted to appeal to the family's sense of justice. "Lekin, ye t-shirt toh mera size ka hai! Teri kaise ho sakti hai?" (the t-shirt is my size! How could it be yours?)

Hriday smirked, his confidence unwavering. "Arre bhai, size toh kya, yeh mera style hai! Bhabhimaa jaanti hai ki main hi isko justify kar sakta hoon!" (Oh brother, size doesn't matter, this is my style! Bhabhimaa knows that only I can justify it!)

Riansh squinted his eyes and said, "Shakal dekh apni aaine me, bandar ki prajati ka dikhta hai" (look yourself in the mirror, you look like an ancestor of monkeys )

Their argument escalated into a flurry of playful jibes and exaggerated gestures, drawing amused chuckles from the rest of the family.

Akshu, unable to contain her laughter at the sight of her brother-in-laws engaged in such a ridiculous squabble, stepped forward with a grin. "Riansh baccha, chalo, main tumhe aur t-shirts kharidke deti hoon." (Come on, Riansh, I'll buy you another t-shirt.)

Riansh and Hriday paused mid-tug, their faces breaking into sheepish grins as they realized the absurdity of their situation. Riansh playfully showed his tongue to Hriday, who was looking annoyed and both of them moved towards the dinning hall.

All the members glanced at each other while eating, they couldn't hold their excitement to surprise Veer. Veeransh, oblivious to the plans being woven around him, headed off to work with the other male members of the family, his mind occupied with the day ahead.

As Veeransh prepared to leave for the office, Akshu stole a moment alone with him in the hallway. With a shy smile, she reached out to adjust his tie, her fingers lingering on the fabric as she met his gaze.

"Have a good day at work, Veeransh," she murmured softly, her cheeks tinged with a rosy hue.

Veeransh's heart skipped a beat at her gentle touch, a warmth spreading through him at her words. He leaned in closer, his breath brushing against her cheek as he whispered, "Thank you, Akshu. I'll see you tonight."