12. Sensual Haldi

📖

The Singhaniya Mansion was decorated for the Haldi ceremony, exuding traditional Punjabi wedding vibes. Every corner was adorned with vibrant flowers and twinkling lights, creating a festive and joyous atmosphere. Children ran around the house, their laughter echoing through the hallways. The elders were busy with the final arrangements, ensuring everything was perfect for the special day.

Women, dressed in colorful traditional attire, danced to the beat of dhol music, their movements graceful and spirited. Their bangles jingled with each step, adding to the festive sounds that filled the air. Nearby, other women were serving an array of delicious foods, their faces glowing with excitement and anticipation.

In the courtyard, a beautiful canopy of marigold flowers and bright yellow drapes was set up for the ceremony. The air was filled with the sweet scent of roses and jasmine, mingling with the aroma of freshly cooked dishes. Platters of sweets, savory snacks, and refreshing drinks were arranged on tables, tempting everyone who passed by.

The excitement was palpable as everyone gathered around, waiting for the bride and groom to make their appearance. The vibrant colors, lively music, and joyous chatter created a warm and welcoming environment, perfect for celebrating this beautiful tradition.

Whereas our groom was busy in his office work in his home office.

(Shaadi ke waqt kon kaam karta h bhai😑)

The bride was getting ready in her room, surrounded by a flurry of activity. Numerous beauticians were working diligently, ensuring every detail was perfect. Shyra was also there, providing support and companionship.

"Shyra, kaash aaj humare mummy papa hote," Akshu said softly, her head bowed.

[Shyra, I wish my mumma papa would have been there with me.]

"Offo, Akshu, tu bhi na. Tere mummy papa nahi hue toh kya hua? Maine teri saas aur sasur ko dekha, kitne sweet hain wo log yaar. Upar se jiju jaise pati, you are so lucky," Shyra replied, genuinely happy for her friend.

[Offo, Akshu why are you thinking like this. See, what's the problem, if you don't have your parents here. I have seen your in laws and they are so sweet. And on top of that a husband like jiju, you're so lucky.]

Akshu nodded, acknowledging Shyra's words, but at the mention of her soon-to-be husband's name, a hint of disappointment crossed her face. Yesterday, he had made her so happy, but she couldn't forget how he had forcefully invaded her life.

[I will clear this things also, all things are new to her. And she is not able to acknowledge her actual feelings for veer. She is in dilemma between her heart and brain. So, it's understandable it will take time for her to understand her feelings. ]

She looked up and gave a slight nod. Akshu was dressed in a stunning yellow lehenga, adorned with delicate earrings and bangles. She had chosen to keep her makeup minimal, preferring a natural look, and had only allowed the hairstylist to work on her hair.

Soon, Pakhi burst into the room, her energy infectious. "Bhabhi, chaliye! Mumma aur badi maa apko bula rahi hain neeche. Bhaiyya bhi bechain ho rahe hain aapko dekhne ke liye," Pakhi announced with a grin.

Akshu blushed and shyly nodded, following Pakhi and Shyra downstairs. They led her to the bride's stage, a beautifully decorated area filled with flowers and lights. As she settled into her seat, the music started, and the women began to dance with enthusiasm and joy.

Akshu watched their performance, a smile spreading across her face. The vibrant energy of the dance, combined with the colorful decorations and the happy faces of her loved ones, made her feel cherished and loved. Despite her mixed feelings about the circumstances, in that moment, she allowed herself to enjoy the celebration and the warmth of her new family.