The Woman

"Box, Amelia

"Box, Amelia. Box," said the race engineer.

"Box confirmed," she responded as she slowed into the pitlane.

When she stopped the car, the pit crew changed the tires into fresh ones. Amelia stepped on the accelerator when the car dropped and returned to the track.

"Update me on the track condition, please," the race engineer requested.

"Wet, definitely," Amelia answered.

"But it's quick to dry," Amelia added as she turned her wheel with her steering wheel.

"Got it. 0.8 seconds from Everly behind you. It would be best if you pushed," said her engineer.

"Noted," Amelia responded before she sped through the track.

"DRS zone," her engineer reported.

"DRS on," Amelia said as she overtook the driver before her, earning cheers and screams from the crowd watching. Back in the paddock, the engineering and mechanics are cheering too.

"Good job, Amelia. We're approaching the grid, and we're on the final lap. Push the most you can. You are in P1 now," her race engineer reported.

"Are we going for the race tomorrow?" Amelia asked.

"You need to stay focused on your race now first, Amelia," said her team principal, giving a quick laugh. Amelia grinned behind her helmet.

"How far am I from the driver behind?" Amelia asked.

"About 7 seconds. So far," her race engineer replies.

Amelia responded with a laugh. Amelia speeds through the final lap, and when she passes through the finishing line, she is announced as the F2 Champion.

As soon as Amelia stopped the car, she was swarmed by her team engineers, cheering on her. She got out of the car and was immediately carried and thrown into the air multiple times. Amelia couldn't say anything but laugh.

When she got down, she said thank you to her team. She hugged them and thanked all of them. One by one, they were hugged by Amelia.

"Amelia!"

She turned to the voice and smiled widely.

"Great speed you went there in the corner," said Everly.

Amelia laughed, "You did great too. P2?"

"Yeap. Right behind you, girl," Everly said before the two hugged.

"Good job. Great job," Amelia patted her back firmly.

The whole team was celebrating. There was a prize-giving ceremony, champagne shower, photo taking, many interviews, and fan interactions. Amelia returned to the paddock to clean herself up before returning to the hotel.

"Amelia," she heard before she went inside her truck.

She saw her team principal standing beside Ferrari's Formula 1 Team Principal, Mattia Binotto.