Formula One Charity Gala Night

The moment Amelia stepped into the ballroom, she noticed all eyes were on her

The moment Amelia stepped into the ballroom, she noticed all eyes were on her. Even though she felt like running away from the eyes of people, Amelia remained calm as she walked alongside her parents.

"Amelia, this is Mohammed Ben Sulayem. The president of the FIA," Susie, introduced Amelia to the president.

"Amelia Jean Wolff," Amelia extended her hand to the man.

"It's nice to see you in person finally, Amelia. I heard that you replaced a Red Bull driver on F1 and won the first place, Verstappen, in number 2," he said while shaking her hand.

Amelia pulled back her hands and smiled, "I did."

"It was a tight competition, right, Amelia?" Susie said, placing her hand on Amelia's upper arm.

"Quite easy, actually," Amelia smiled.

He nodded, "Am I going to see you more on track soon?"

"Let's hope the Gods allow me to race again," Amelia smirked at him.

"We'd better be going. Grab a drink," Susie said before pulling Amelia with her.

They went near the buffet table.

"Amelia," Susie said before looking at her daughter.

"What?" Amelia replied as she picked up a plate to fill it with food.

"I know you don't like him, but he likes your talent. He is considering letting you in the track," Susie said, picking up a glass of champagne.

"You know what he said about women in 2001?" Amelia said.

"Honey, that was more than ten years ago. He was younger. His mindset has changed," Susie replied.

"If he changed, he would've allowed women in F1 a long time ago."

"Well, he wasn't president then, honey."

"Okay, whatever. But he's creepy. Creepy, Mom."

"It's just in your head, honey."

"Whatever," Amelia shook her head and continued taking the food she wanted.

After taking food, they walked to their table. Amelia was seated with her parents instead. Well, she asked for that.

"I thought you said you wanted to socialize more. Why are you seated here?" Susie asked.

Amelia rolled her eyes, "Seriously, Mom? I'm still eating. Give me time."

Susie chuckled, "I think my daughter will soon go on the front page of newspapers and magazines. Just look at what she's wearing tonight."

"Mom, please do not compliment me when I'm eating."

"Only your daughter? Not my daughter, too?" Toto complained.

"Oh, you don't have a say about her deciding to wear this dress tonight. Everyone's looking at her tonight," Susie said.