Finally, A Grand Prix

"Amelia!"

"Amelia!"

She immediately turned towards the voice. Christian Horner's voice literally caught the attention of everyone in the lounge. When she saw him running towards her, she stood up.

"Checo couldn't make it to the race. You're racing for Red Bull today alongside Max."

Amelia looked at Christian. She just stared at him before bursting out into laughter and clapping. Even though Christian was looking at her, breathing heavily and seriously, she didn't buy it.

"I'm fucking serious, Amelia. Get a grip. You're racing today for the Grand Prix."

Amelia stopped laughing when she saw Susie and Red Bull's CEO approaching them at the lounge.

"Me? F1? Today? Grand Prix? Tonight?" Amelia asked.

"Yes, Amelia. You're the reserved driver. And we trust you to drive today. I trust you so much to race for tonight's race," Christian said.

"You're our only hope. You make money. You make a name for yourself. You don't let Red Bull down," Christian said, looking at Amelia.

"You're born for this, Amelia. Now it's your time," Susie said, convincing her.

Amelia was speechless.

"Woah, what?" Amelia asked them again. 

"You are racing tonight with Red Bull. Formula One Grand Prix. You are racing," Christian told her, looking straight into her eyes. 

Amelia felt like she was hyperventilating. She took deep breath a few times before looking at Christian and Susie. A few seconds later, she exhaled and nodded.

"Okay. I'll race tonight."

The team clapped and cheered.

"Alright, we need to get you ready! Let's go!" The engineer pulled Amelia with him.

Hurriedly, Amelia got ready for the race. Only two hours left. Lucky for Amelia, she has everything ready. Everything that was hers was made.

"You've run this track a million times. Just do it," Christian said as they walked down the hallways.

"I'm not sure I can even get to P10," Amelia said.

"This is F1 Academy. Just imagine it. Don't need to recognize who is driving beside you. Checo already helped you get to P2 for the grid. You maintain it. Just like the training you did with the other drivers. Maintain it, at least. Prevent drivers behind from getting in front of you."

"I don't know about Max. But if you can't make it P1, make it behind Max. Stay under P10. Okay? You need to rock this. No pressure, but you're carrying Red Bull's name with you."

Amelia nodded, and when they entered the garage, the mechanics and engineers were making final touch-ups to their equipment and the cars. Amelia was handed her in-ear, and she put it on. There were a lot of people looking at her.