Back Home in Monaco

While Amelia was having her lunch, she was interrupted by her doorbell ringing. She got up from the couch and walked to the door. Looking at the peephole, she saw Susie. And Jack. She unlocked and opened the door right after.

"What's up?" Amelia asked them.

"I'm so sorry for disturbing your holiday," Susie said as they entered.

"Not a problem. I was just having lunch," Amelia said.

"Hi," Jack smiled.

"Hi," Amelia chuckled, patting his head.

"I have an emergency meeting in 30 minutes. No one's at home; you were the closest to his school. Toto's in Italy. Can you take care of him until evening?" Susie asked.

"Sure!" Amelia nodded and grinned at Jack.

"Right. Here's my card," Susie said, handing Amelia her card.

"No. No need. I'll use my own money," Amelia pushed Susie's hands, refusing to take the card.

"Amy," Susie said.

Amelia shook her head, "Jack's my brother. What are you doing?"

Susie chuckled, "Fine."

"You go ahead and settle down. Have you eaten?" Amelia asked Jack.

"I did," Jack said, running into the living room.

"Right."

"Thanks. I'll pick him up around eight," Susie said, putting back her card in her purse.

"I think I'll send him to the house. We'll be going out for dinner," Amelia said.

"Ooh, sure then," Susie nodded.

"Right. You need to go. Meeting," Amelia said.

"Right! I'll see you two later," Susie said.

"Okay."

"Bye, Jack!" Susie said to Jack.

"Bye, mom!"

Susie rushed out of Amelia's apartment, and Amelia locked the doors. She walked back to the living room and saw Jack watching the cooking show Amelia was watching.

"You can change the show if you want to," Amelia said.

"No. I'm happy with this cooking show," Jack said.

"If you want to shower, you can. I have some of your clothes here," Amelia told him.

"Really?" Jack turned to her.

"Yeah. You know where the guest bedroom is, right?"

"Yes," he nodded.

"Your clothes and towel are in the drawers. Just open all the drawers whichever. I can't remember which one has your things. And Lando is coming over around 3 later. I think you'll be napping by then," Amelia said.

"Alright. Can I go to the bedroom now?" Jack asked.

"Yeah. Do whatever you want. Here's my iPad if you want to do anything. There's a MacBook on the table in the guest bedroom. Just do what you want," Amelia said.

"Alright," Jack said, walking to his backpack.

"There are snacks in the fridge. Just take what you want," Amelia added.

"Okay!"

Amelia chuckled as she watched Jack dragging his backpack into the guest bedroom. She continued watching the cooking show while eating her lunch. Jack was in the bathroom, showering. It's his routine. After school, shower and nap. After a nap, snack and schoolwork. He knows his way into Amelia's apartment. It's not his first time.

----- LATER -----

"Jack, we're leaving now!"

"I'm coming!" Jack replied before he ran into the living room.

Amelia chuckled when seeing Jack all dressed up.

"Alright, let's go," Lando said, picking up his phone from the kitchen counter.

They left the apartment and headed to the basement parking. Amelia chose to bring her Mercedes Benz GLE63 S AMG this time because it's the only car that can fit more than 2 people in the car. Her other cars are just for 2 people, including the driver.

"Seatbelts," Lando said after turning on the car's air conditioner.

"You better drive like a normal person. Not like a Formula 1 driver," Amelia said as she pulled her seatbelt, put it over her body and locked it.

Lando laughed, "Let's hope that."

"We're going to Azzura Kitchen. I've made a reservation for the three of us," Amelia said.

"Alright," Lando replied.

They left the basement parking and soon were out in the streets. About 10 minutes later, they arrived at the restaurant and were immediately brought to their seats. They ordered their dinner, and the waitress went away.

"Did you saw how the waitress was talking and acting to you?" Amelia asked Lando.

"What? How?" he asked, grinning.

"She was hitting on you!" Amelia whispered at him. He laughed.

"Too bad," he shrugged and grinned.

"Are you two together?" Jack suddenly asked.

"Huh?" Amelia asked in confusion.

"No, Jack," Lando laughed and shook his head at him.

"Oh, I thought you two are a couple," Jack told them.

Amelia chuckled and shook her head, "We're close friends on and off the grid."

Jack just nodded.

"Anyways, are you ready for the Qatar Grand Prix?" Lando asked.

Amelia hissed and chuckled, "I don't know. It's one of the most challenging places. Weather matters for a fact."

Lando nodded in agreement, "Yeah."

"It was so hot. I don't know what to expect this year's. Hopefully not too hot," Amelia said.

"Can't believe it that it's finally the end of the season," Lando sighed.

"Yeah. It's been a year. And it's a surprise. Just Qatar and Adu Dhabi left before we're done with the whole season," said Amelia, smiling.

"And you're literally winning the driver championship and constructor's championship," he said.

Amelia laughed, "Come on. You guys are good too. Everyone is doing really well actually. Like - very well."

"Yeah, honestly, I think this year was a year that everyone was putting the same effort. Both the drivers and the cars. And the strategist. Everyone was in a very tight competition," he said.

Amelia nodded, "Correct."

"Next year you're still with Red Bull?" Lando asked.

She nodded, "Yes. But after next year, I'm signing up with Audi."

Lando raised his eyebrows, "Audi?"

"Yeah, Audi. They're joining the F1 in two years," Amelia told him. His jaw dropped.

"I never heard about it!"

Amelia laughed, "Oh, yes. They are joining the grid in 2 years. They've contacted me for it. Both their drivers are going to be women. Me and Marcia are on the list of the drivers that they want."

"What if Red Bull gives you 100 million? You still want to be in Audi?" Lando asked.

Amelia laughed and nodded, "Yes. I will still go to Audi. They are paying me a lot though. I was surprised too."

"Already? They already paid you!?" Lando asked, shocked.

"No! Their proposal. In a formal letter," Amelia said.

"Proposal letter already!?"

Amelia laughed.

"Yeah."