The Day After

As early as 7 o'clock in the morning, Amelia was already up

As early as 7 o'clock in the morning, Amelia was already up. She sat at the edge of the yacht with her leg in the ocean water, looking at the sunrise while sipping her hot cup of coffee. The sun didn't rise until it was around 8 a.m. So, Amelia sat alone for a long time.

But as soon as the sun was hot enough for her, Amelia jumped into the ocean to feel the cold water. While floating, she saw Charles on the deck, and he saw her.

"You good?" he asked her, obviously still half awake.

"I think I'm supposed to be asking you that question," she replied.

Charles rubbed his eyes while slowly walking down the stairs to the lower deck where Amelia had been sitting a few minutes before. Amelia swims nearer to the deck.

"Don't you feel cold?" Charles asked her as he got down to sit.

"I've been in the water for the past ten minutes. I'm adjusted to it," she replied after looking briefly at her watch.

"What's this? Coffee?" he asked, pointing at the glass beside him.

"Yes, it's not hot anymore, though," Amelia said after seeing him picking it up and drinking it. He immediately showed a disgusted look. Amelia grinned and pushed herself away from the deck.

"I'm gonna get coffee and then get back down here," he said, standing up.

"Okay..." She replied and was submerged in the water.

The water was clear enough to see the marine life under. Amelia has a lot of hobbies, and one of them is swimming. She loves marine life. She can swim underwater for more than five minutes.

While Amelia was swimming underwater, Charles dived right into the ocean. When he noticed she didn't realize he was there, he swam nearer to her. Eventually, she saw him and pointed at some reddish-orange colours of starfishes.

After a while, they swam back to the shore.

"You have a very deep breath," Charles said, catching his breath.

Amelia chuckled, "I trained for swimming."

"No wonder," he said, sitting on the edge of the deck.

They swam a few more minutes before Amelia spotted a paparazzi at the yacht docking place. She immediately got back on the deck and wrapped herself in a robe.

"You good?" he asked while looking at Amelia.

"There's a paparazzi. I'm not comfortable with people taking photos of me in public. Especially when I'm doing my personal activities," Amelia said.

"I get it," Charles smiled blandly, returning to the deck.

"Do you think breakfast has been served?" Amelia asked him, putting a towel over her head.

"I saw them preparing breakfast just now when I was getting coffee," Charles answered, drying his hair with a towel.

"Breakfast sounds nice," Amelia said, walking up the stairs.

They entered the yacht, and breakfast had already been served. It was a buffet style. Charles and Amelia sat together while enjoying their breakfast.

"Is there any track that is your favourite?" Charles asked.

"I like the Suzuka track. And Singapore," Amelia said.

"You really like the hard tracks, huh?" he said.

Amelia laughed, "All tracks are difficult, Charles. Monaco's the hardest. Especially in the rain."

"Oh, Monaco is the hardest," he said.

Before they could continue talking, Alexandra, Charles' girlfriend, walked up the stairs from the bedroom in the yacht.

"Good morning," she greeted Amelia and Charles.

"Good morning," Amelia smiled.

"Have you washed up?" Charles asked.

"Yup," Alexandra exhaled as she sat next to Charles.

"Breakfast is there. Take it yourself," he said.

"I'll just get a coffee now," she said as she stood up again.

"Where did we stop just now?" Charles asked.

"Monaco the hardest track," Amelia said.

"Monaco. What's the easiest one for you?" he asked.

"Should be the Yas Marina one," Amelia told him.

"Yas Marina? That's one of the hardest tracks. I would say the Austria track is the easiest," he said. Amelia laughed.

"Well, I'm a fan of Yas Marina. It's easy for me," Amelia replied.

"When we get to Abu Dhabi, I would like to have a 2-2 race with you," Charles said.

Amelia raised her eyebrows, "That would be nice."

Charles chuckled, "Can't wait."

----- LATER -----

Amelia got out of the car, and Lily rolled down the windows

"Thanks for dropping me off, guys," Amelia smiled at Lily and Alex.

"Anytime, Amelia. You rest well," Alex said.

"Yeah, rest well," Lily smiled back.

"Thanks. You guys enjoy the rest of the day. See you around," Amelia waved at them as she walked backwards.

"See you," they waved back before continued driving.

Amelia entered her apartment lobby and was greeted by the receptionist.

"Miss Amelia," said the receptionist.

"Yes?" Amelia answered.

"Mrs. Wolff came here to drop off some things for you. We have it here," he said while taking out three bags of Louis Vuitton, Chanel and Sephora.

"Oh, wow," Amelia said, surprised.

"Thank you," Amelia thanked the receptionist as she took it with her.

"You're welcome," he bowed slightly.

Amelia went to the elevator and went back to her apartment. Upon arriving at her apartment, she looked through the paper bags and found some newly bought clothes and products from Sephora. Amelia left it in the living room and washed it up in the bathroom.

Well, it's been a long weekend for Amelia. She just needs to recharge herself. Especially after last night. The nightclub party? The yacht and the whole interaction with people?

That's already so much for Amelia.

It's time to charge.