Retiring For Real

"Have you heard the news?"

"Yeah, I'm shocked. That was so sudden."

Amelia was walking to her trailer after a good 30-minute morning run when she passed a Ferrari and Aston Martin's staff, talking as if they were surprised about something.

She passed a few other staff, and they also discussed something that surprised them.

Just then, her phone rang, and she saw the caller was Lando. She immediately picked it up and greeted him on the phone.

"Hi, Lando," she said.

"Hi. Have you seen the news?" he asked her.

"What news?" Amelia asked.

"Great. Look at Checo's Instagram account! He posted a new video," Lando said.

Amelia got out of the app and went on Instagram. She searched for Checo's account and looked at his feed. A new post was out, and she stopped walking when she pressed on it.

"Hello, family of Formula One. I hereby announce that this season will be my final season before retiring from Formula One. For the next season, I will focus solely on my family and my personal growth. However, I will still be working under Red Bull."

"Amelia, you there?" Lando said through the phone.

"I'm here. I've watched it," Amelia said.

"I think you're in for next season," he said to her, and she hissed.

"Did Christian know about this already?" Amelia asked him, entering her trailer.

"Logically thinking, Checo won't post anything like that if Christian hasn't approved. So, I think so. Christian is well aware of this.," he added.

Amelia sighed, "I heard about this. But no one confirmed to me if it's true or not. Alright. I just arrived in my trailer. Let's talk later."

"Alright. See you," he said before they ended the call.

She placed her phone on the table as the video of Checo announced on his socials that he would be taking a hiatus from motorsports starting next year, leaving an empty spot alongside Max for the next season. But Amelia will take that spot.

After washing up and putting on clean clothes, as usual, Amelia will do her after-shower routine. And she went to the paddock after she was done.

Everyone in the paddock was still in a shock situation. Of course, there were rumors that Checo would be taking a break to give a spot for Amelia next year. But this is confirmed already. This will send the fans into frenzy mode.

"Amelia."

She turned and saw Christian with Max and Checo.

"In the meeting room," he said to her.

"Yes, sir," Amelia said before following the three men from behind.

The four of them entered the room and sat down. 

"Have you two seen the video?" Christian asked, looking at Max and Amelia. 

"Yes," they answered in unison.

"I'm just here to confirm that it is true. Checo will be retiring for the next season. But he will also be a test driver in the second half of the season," Christian added. 

"I just wanna take a break. And I think it's time for Amelia to be on track as a Formula One driver. Right, Amy?" Checo looked at Amelia. Amelia smiled thinly. 

"Amy, I know you are thinking about a lot of things right now," Checo chuckled. 

"None of my retirings is because of you. I've talked about retiring since last year. My wife has also been telling me to take a break from the racing," he told her. 

Amelia nodded, "Right." 

"So, it'll be the two of you starting next season," Christian looked at Amelia and Max. 

The two of them looked at each other before smiling and shaking hands. 

"New teammate?" Max said. 

"Looking forward to learning more from a champion," Amelia said. 

"I don't think you'll be learning anything. Instead, I wanna learn how you drift using an F1 car," Max said. Amelia laughed. 

"I think you two will be a great partner in racing," Checo said. 

"Well, I'm sure it'll be a great season," Max grinned. Amelia too. 

----- LATER -----

While Amelia was enjoying her breakfast, Susie and Toto joined her

While Amelia was enjoying her breakfast, Susie and Toto joined her. They sat beside her and placed their plates with breakfast meals on the table. 

"Heard about Checo's retirement," Toto commented first. 

Amelia smiled. 

"You're in for next season?" Susie asked with a grin. 

Amelia couldn't contain her smile and nodded quickly. Susie laughed and squeezed Amelia's hand. Amelia squeezed back with excitement. 

"I'm so happy for you," Susie grinned. 

"You'll be a great racer," Toto said, nodding. 

"And I am excited. I can't wait to return to being a full-time racer," Amelia sighed. 

"But you've been a really active influencer and singer, huh?" Susie smirked. 

Amelia laughed, "That's not my real passion. Racing is." 

"I didn't know you were in Tokyo for a street race," Toto said, looking at Amelia. 

"It was a last-minute invitation. It was so fun," Amelia nodded. 

"And I didn't know you drift," Susie added. 

She grinned and shrugged, "I keep it all secret and use it publicly when needed. Specifically, when greatly needed." 

Susie laughed softly. 

"And I can't believe that you're singing," Toto said. 

"I know. I receive that a lot," Amelia smiled. 

"I'm sure it's a great song. Can't wait to listen to it. You multitalented queen," Susie said. 

Amelia laughed.