Back on Grid

"Ms Amelia, a photo please?" 

Amelia chuckled and leaned nearer to the teen who had his phone. They took several photos before Amelia moved to another fan, asking for autographs. Her walk to the Red Bull paddock was crowded, with her fans asking for photographs and autographs. 

"Sorry guys, gotta work now," Amelia patted a small boy's head gently before excusing herself and entering the paddock, where the fans aren't allowed to enter. 

"That's a lot of fans," Christian Horner commented. 

"Yeah, more than we expected," another engineer added. 

Amelia chuckled as she escaped into her small locker. She changed her whole outfit to an official racing suit before getting out in the garage again. This time around, Max was already there. 

"Looking good," Max chuckled, and the two hugged. 

"Long time no see," Amelia said, patting his back. 

"So long that I just knew you are now already single," Max said, smirking. 

Amelia snorted, "Was that a priority?" 

"Not for me. For the fans," said Max, crossing his arms. 

"You should really get back with Kelly. She's still onto you," Amelia said as she thanked the staff for bringing her and Max a cup of their favorite coffee. 

"What are you now. My stalter? Just tell me if you like me, I'll try to like you back," Max said. 

Amelia laughed sarcastically and turned to look at him, "Over my dead body, liking you." Max smiled and shrugged as Amelia walked away from him and approached her car. 

"We have modified some. We'll see how this one goes for you," said the mechanic. 

"Looking forward to it," Amelia sips her coffee. 

"Looking forward to looking you speed on the grid too," the mechanic said. 

Amelia chuckled and took a seat near the data engineers and analysts. They talked about the data and how they will will analyze iit for the future. 

"Amelia!" a woman's voice was heard. 

Amelia's PR manager approached her while she was talking on the phone. 

"I got her. She's right here," said her manager before handing her the phone. Amelia furrowed her eyebrows while mouthing who it was on the phone. 

"The press," her manager said. 

Amelia widened her eyes in shock, "What?" 

"Just answer her questions. It's gonna be fine," her manager instructed her. 

Amelia cleared her throat before answering the phone. 

"Good morning," Amelia greeted the person on the line. 

"Good morning, Ms Amelia. So sorry to be bothering you this morning. I would like to keep this simple with only one question. Are you and Charles Leclerc still in a relationship?" 

Amelia chuckled and looked at the phone screen. 

"Amelia," her manager said with a warning tone. 

"Fuck off," Amelia hung up the phone and returned the phone to her manager. 

"Amelia!" 

"No. Don't try to intervene my personal life," Amelia said, shaking her head. 

"It was a good publishing," said her manager. 

"No. It was not for me. My emotion. My heart. What about that?" Amelia retorted. 

"You just throw away a chance of getting the talk of town out the window, Amy," repeated her manager. Amelia shrugged. 

"I don't care," she replied while shaking her head.

After completing the practice lap with Max, the two drivers returned to their pit and took a break. Amelia was surprised to see Arthur in the garage, as in - Arthur Leclerc—Charles' younger brother. When Arthur sees her, he smiles. 

"Hey, how are you?" Amelia asked him as she took off her helmet. 

"I'm doing really great. How about you?" He asked her back as they hugged each other.

"Life's been pretty fair to me these days. How's work?" Amelia asked him while handing her helmet to staff in the garage to be appropriately kept. 

"Work's been pretty hard on me," he chuckles. 

Amelia grinned, "That's how it is, honestly. I'm glad you're here. Wanna grab some drinks?" 

"I would love to," he replied excitedly. 

"Alright. Come on," Amelia walks up the stairs and into the guest lounge area upstairs. 

"Won't you be scolded for coming to RB's pit?" Amelia asked as she walked up the stairs. Arthur chuckled and grinned. 

"I will be," he replied. 

Amelia laughed and continued walking up the stairs. They ordered some drinks and sat at a table near the window. Both Amelia and Arthur noticed the eyes on them. 

"So," Amelia said as they sat down. 

"My brother's been pretty rogue since you two cut off your relationship," Arthur said. 

Amelia raised her eyebrows and nodded, "I'm not surprised." 

"I'm sorry he did that to you. I thought he would change. But," he sighed and shook his head. 

Amelia chuckled and shook her head, "No. I'm fine with it. At first, no. Of course. But now, I'm glad I knew about it earlier." 

"If it wasn't for you, I don't know if he's still alive for the heart attack he got," Arthur said. 

Amelia smiled upon hearing that. 

"Some people are meant to be together. Me and him, no," Amelia shook her head. 

"Well, let's forget about him. I'm here to talk about my move to Mercedes," Arthur said while folding his hands on the table. 

"Move to Mercedes?" Amelia asked in shock. 

Arthur laughed and nodded. 

"Yeah. I will be moving to the Mercedes' junior drivers program," he said. 

Amelia laughed and clapped, "I'm so happy for you. Oh my God. You came here to deliver this amazing news to me?" 

"Yeah, I did. Well, I figured out that telling this to you on the phone isn't really nice. But since I'm coming to F1 today and I will most likely meet you, I will tell you face to face," he said. 

Amelia grinned, "I'm so happy for you. I mean - you were in Ferrari." 

"Ferrari focused more on Oliver. So, he's their priority. Mercedes promised me to make me their priority. Well, I might try out Mercedes. I've never tried them yet," he said. 

Amelia smiled, "I never tried them either. But um, good luck." 

Arthur laughed, "That sounded so weird. Is it a sarcastic good luck or a genuine good luck?" 

Amelia laughed along, "You can interpret it however you want." 

"I'm scared that I'm making the wrong choices," he chuckled nervously. 

She grinned, "Don't worry.