The Open Up

"Ladies first

"Ladies first."

"Ooh, thanks," Amelia said as she entered the house with Charles behind her.

"That piano caught my eye," Amelia said as soon as she saw a white-colored piano. She took off her heels and placed it near the entryway. Her feet are sore after wearing heels for a long time.

"Oh, yeah. You play the piano?" he asked her, taking off his suit.

"I do. I played for years. But I haven't played for a while," she said as she put her purse down.

"Make yourself at home. I'm going to pour some wine and get some snacks," he said as he unbuttoned the first three buttons of his white shirt.

"Alright," Amelia said as she sat on the piano stool, putting her fingers on the keys.

When she started to press the piano keys, Charles realized that she was playing Clair de Lune. It means Moonlight—a perfect choice for a chilled evening.

After 5 minutes, Amelia ended the pieces beautifully.

"I didn't know you played that well," Charles said, handing Amelia a glass of wine.

"Thanks. That's the only music piece that I memorized. Because almost every night, I played that piece, and my parents would dance in the living room," Amelia said, standing up.

"They would dance?" he asked before sipping his wine.

"Yes. I would play, and they would dance. It was so cute now I remembered that moment," Amelia chuckled and looked at the picture frames on the piano top.

"That's Verstappen next to you, isn't it?" Amelia pointed at a photo.

"Exactly," he chuckled and nodded.

"I remembered watching the videos of when you two weren't friends. It was just all bad blood," Amelia laughed.

"We were 15 years old," he replied.

"Still. Still immature," Amelia said and chuckled.

"Well, yeah. And we still get teased about it until today," he said.

"At least y'all are friends now," Amelia responded as they sat on the couch.

"Oh, I heard you're replacing Checo next season," he said, placing his wine glass on the coffee table. Amelia looked at him with a confused expression. 

"What?" She asked him. 

He looked back at her, "Looks like you haven't known." 

"Checo is retiring next season. He's gonna be a test driver. He said he wants to focus more on his family," Charles told her. 

"Doesn't he still have a 2-year contract with Red Bull?" Amelia asked him. 

"I'm not sure about that. He just told us he wants to retire, and it's time for you to replace him. He wants to settle down slowly. He wants to spend more time with family," Charles added.