Birthday Girl

When Amelia heard the doorbell ring, she quickly approached the door

When Amelia heard the doorbell ring, she quickly approached the door. Peeping through the peephole, she saw her parents and Jack, her younger brother.

She opened the door and greeted them, "Hi."

"Happy birthday, darling!" Susie exclaimed before hugging Amelia tightly.

"Oof, thanks, Mom," Amelia chuckled softly, slowly breaking away from their hug.

"Ugh, 23 years, and you're still so allergic to physical touch," said Susie.

"We thought you hadn't had breakfast. So, we just bought breakfast for you and us," Toto said while showing Amelia a few paper bags.

"Thanks. Yeah, I haven't had breakfast," Amelia chuckled while nodding.

"Happy birthday, sissy!" Jack said to Amelia.

"Aw, thanks, big guy," Amelia grinned while ruffling his hair.

"Come on in," Amelia said, and they all walked into the apartment.

"Your apartment's clean," Susie commented as she put the wrapped boxes and paper bags that were Amelia's birthday present on the countertop.

"It's not that I have a party in my apartment, Mom," Amelia said while drawing the curtains and sliding the door to let fresh air into her apartment. That is her everyday routine. If it's not hot outside, she would always open the sliding door to the balcony.

"So, any plans for tonight? Celebrating your birthday? With anyone? Anyone from Red Bull?" Susie asked as she took out the food from the paper bags.

"Nope. I'm staying home," Amelia told them.

"Staying home for your 23rd birthday? I think not this time," Toto said.

"Yeah. Dad and I are going to the nightclub tonight. You're gonna join us," Susie said.

"What?" Amelia laughed.

"You're joining us at the nightclub tonight. A lot of the drivers are going to be there. That's the time you introduce yourself to them. You're going to be a part of them," Susie said.

Amelia shook her head, "Nope. I don't want to introduce myself to them. And no. There's no need to throw me a birthday party at a nightclub. It can be somewhere else."

"Honey, you need to expand your social circle too, okay? You're 23 years old. You love to be alone most of the time. It's time you get out of your comfort zone, be wild, and do exciting things in life," Toto added.

Amelia coughed and shook her head.

"We'll pick you up at eight o'clock tonight. No excuses," Toto said as he sat on the counter stool.

"Wear something that someone would wear to the nightclub," Susie said.

"Hopefully, I have something in my closet. You know I've donated many of my clothes after I moved out," Amelia said as she sat beside Jack.