Formula 1 Race-Day

"Good morning, everyone," said Mattia Binotto as he entered the lounge

"Good morning," the staff greeted.

"You're early!" Mattia exclaimed when he saw Amelia standing near the couch.

"I was going around the paddocks and the track earlier," Amelia says.

"Oh, okay then. Come on. Let's get to the private room," he said as he continued to walk. Amelia followed closely behind.

Everyone greeted Mattia as they walked through the hallways.

"Is this your first time in Ferrari's lounge?" he asks.

"Yes. My first time," said Amelia.

"I can guarantee you'll have a good experience today," he said.

"I'll look forward to it," Amelia replied with a smile.

They went inside a private room and sat together. A staff then came and gave them coffee. Both Mattia and Amelia.

"Have you thought which team you will sign for next year?" he asked before sipping his coffee.

Amelia shook her head, "I have not. I went through all the teams briefly. I just talked with my manager and casually talked with people about each team. But I don't know which team I'll be joining yet."

Mattia nodded, "It's not an easy decision to choose which team to race for," he said.

"I may have some in my mind. But do they want me? That's another thing I'm trying to figure out," Amelia said.

Mattia laughed, "You're worrying about the last thing you should worry about."

Amelia raised her eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

"Amelia, you are wanted in any team. Any team would pay you millions to get you. You are very popular among engineers and team principals. Toto might probably pay you even 20 million to get you," Mattia said.

Amelia widens her eyes, "W-What?"

"Your achievement throughout karting, F4, F3, F2? F1 Academy? It's over the top. And your points now, you can even skip the development program and race with all the other racers in F1," he said.

"Woah, I think I'm not ready for it yet," Amelia chuckled.

"I'm trying to say that you don't need to worry about who will take you in their team. Everyone wants you on their team. But the choice is still in your hands," said Mattia.

"This is one thing I don't know yet," Amelia smiled.

"I can understand that. But I think it's good to start your documentation soon. Next season, you can join the development program or maybe become a reserve driver right away," he said.

Amelia chuckled.

They chatted briefly before staff knocked at the door, informing them that Charles and Carlos had arrived and were waiting to come inside.