Hanging Out For The First Time

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMELIA!"

The confetti went off, and the music started jamming again. Everyone was cheering and clapping as Amelia laughed and blew out all the candles to the two-tier cake.

"Happy birthday, baby!" Susie exclaimed before kissing Amelia on her cheeks.

"Mom!!" Amelia groaned, pulling away from getting kissed by her mom.

Susie laughed, "Come on! You're going to miss me!"

"I will not!" Amelia retorted.

"Aw, come on, darling," Toto chuckled before hugging Amelia tightly.

Amelia rolled her eyes as Susie joined in the hug. Amelia finally gave in and just hugged them back. It's very rare to see Amelia give in physical touch.

"Finally!" Susie exclaimed happily when Amelia gave in.

"Just tonight," Amelia said.

"Let's just hope this year will be your year, okay? I hope for the best, and do your best. You have me and mom supporting you from behind," Toto said.

"You're not gonna be behind me. You're gonna be beside me," Amelia said.

"We're always gonna be beside you, honey," Susie smiled.

"Well, I want to eat the cake. Please tell me you got chocolate moist cake despite the vanilla cream on the outside of it," Amelia said.

"I did. It's only vanilla fresh cream on the outside. It's chocolate lava cake inside," Susie said.

"Perfect!" Amelia said.

"You enjoy your night, okay? I'm gonna go dance. Dad's somewhere, but I can't find him already. Just text us if anything," Susie said to Amelia, near to her ears, because the music was too loud.

"Okay," Amelia showed the OK sign on her finger.

Amelia was enjoying the cake while scrolling through her phone. She is just enjoying herself.

Out of the blue, George Russell came by.

"Amelia," he said.

She looked up and smiled, "Yeah."

"Lewis and a few of our friends, the F1 team, and a few girls. We're going on a yacht. We're asking if you want to join us. You know? We don't really get to know you yet," George said.

Amelia chuckled, "Oh..."

"We're just asking. If you don't want to, it's fine. We have extra space to fit in a few more people, and you're the last people we wanna ask," he added.

"I would love to," Amelia said softly, still hesitant.

"You would?" he asked her back.

Amelia nodded and smiled, "Yeah, sure. I'll join you guys."