First Day in Red Bull

"Everyone, please welcome our new driver, Amelia Jean!"

The lobby was filled with claps and cheers from the team as Amelia walked towards Christian Horner, who was in the middle.

"The prettiest driver ever!" said one of the engineers.

"Gonna be my favourite driver!" another one said.

Amelia giggled as she walked up to Christian.

"Thank you," she smiles before bowing at him. He chuckled and patted her back before handing her the microphone to introduce herself and say some words.

"Hi, everyone," Amelia chuckled as she greeted everyone.

They responded to her back.

"First, I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome. Everyone is so friendly and so welcoming. Thank you for making me feel at home and in a safe place."

"I would love to thank Christian for giving me this chance. Thank you for allowing me to become a driver for the Red Bull Development Program. And the fact that I'm the only woman in the program currently makes me wanna do much better."

"Thank you so much for trusting me to join your team. I look forward to more experience and learning from RedBull and, hopefully, making it into the Grand Prix one day. It's just a dream; there's no one hurting with dreaming, right?"

The lobby was filled with cheers and applause.

"Lastly, let's work hard together. I'll meet all of you guys soon. Thanks, everyone!"

She returned the microphone to Christian before returning to Hayes, her manager's side. Christian talked for a few more seconds before the gathering was dispersed.

"Amelia!" Christian called for her as he saw her walking away slowly.

"Yeah?" Amelia turned to him.

"I want to see you race today. Now. Come follow me to the simulator," he said.

"Now?" Amelia asked with a surprised expression.

"Yes. Come on, woman," he said as he walked towards a buggy.

The factory is so big that it's more convenient to ride a buggy when it's going to places that are far away. Walking to a far place inside a building is quite a waste of time.

"How was the Christmas holiday?" Christian asked.

"Interesting," Amelia replied shortly.

"How interesting was it?"

"Interesting that I got four identical blankets from four different people who even bought the same blanket at the same store a day apart," she replied.

Christian looked at her, "Interesting."

"My mom, brother, cousin, and aunt," she told him.

"Same blankets or just identical?" he asked.