A Moment To Think

"Brothers and sisters in Christ

"Brothers and sisters in Christ."

"In the first of Corinthians 13 verse 4 to 7. Let me read the bible text here."

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserveres."

After the church service, Amelia stayed in the chapel for a few more minutes, letting the other congregation leave first while she looked inside the chapel.

"Amelia?"

She turned and smiled when she saw her cousin, Jessica.

"Oh my God," Jessica mumbled before hugging Amelia tightly.

"You're here!" Jessica said, breaking their hug and looking at Amelia up and down.

"How have you been?" Amelia asked her with a smile.

"I'm good. I'm great. I haven't seen you in so many years!" Jessica said.

Amelia chuckled, "Yeah. I've moved to Monaco."

Jessica's smile turned thin. "After the whole thing that happened?"

Amelia nodded, "Yeap."

"How have you been after that?" Jessica asks.

"Slowly healing. But I'm good now, though," said Amelia.

"I can see that. Are you working now? Studying? Have a partner? Family of your own?" Jessica asked as they sat on the bench.

"I'm working right now. No, no partner," Amelia chuckled.

"You're living a dream life aren't you?" she asked.

"Nah. I'm living the life I want to," Amelia said.

"Good for you. I'm so happy that you managed to get out of the traumatic things and that you're not independent. I'm so happy for you," Jessica smiled widely.

"Thank you, Jessica."

"No partner, huh?" Jessica smiled.

Amelia laughed softly, "Not my priority right now."

"I'm sure there are a lot of guys who want you. But you're the one who rejected them," said Jessica. Amelia laughed again.

"You're right," Amelia grinned.

"But I'm not worried. Because you've became beautiful already. And I'm sure people are just gonna come and come to you. Endlessly," Jessica continued.

Amelia laughed and shook her head.

"How's your mom and dad?" Amelia asked her.

"They are both doing good. Divorced already, by the way," Jessica said.

Amelia chuckled, "Isn't that what we wished for when we were 7?"

Jessica laughed loudly, "I just wanted to say that!"

"You get what you wished for," Amelia said.

"Yup," Jessica grinned.

"Anyways, have you met your parents after everything?" Jessica asked.

Amelia said, "I don't know where they are already."

Jessica nodded, "It's for your own good anyway. You're doing better without them."

Amelia smiled thinly and nodded in agreement.

----- LATER -----

After returning home, Amelia just heated the leftover foods from last night's dinner for her lunch. After lunch, she showered and napped for a long time. She needed it because she had already had a long week. It's so hard to get a good night's sleep. So, napping in the afternoon was a satisfaction for her.

She woke up about 3 hours later, and everything was blurry. Well, this happens to everyone after getting up from their sleep. Amelia just laid in bed, trying to get back to sleep, but guessed that she had had enough sleep that her bodies were not going back to sleep anymore.

So, she got up from bed and went to the living room. She turned on Netflix and got a snack. Just when she was bored by watching Netflix, she got a FaceTime call from Nicole.

"Hey," Amelia greeted her.

"Hey, babe!" Nicole greeted her excitedly.

"Wow," Amelia smiled when she saw Nicole's new purplish hair.

"Yeah, I know," the woman laughed. "It's purple."

"Looks good on you," said Amelia, stuffing her mouth with chips.

"You look unhealthy though," Nicole said, looking at Amelia.

"I'm fine," she replied, shaking her head.

"It's been awhile. How you been doing? Where you at?" Nicole asked. She looks like she's outside in the street. She was walking down the street while video-calling Amelia.

"Life's good. So far so good. Just been working and I'm at my apartment," Amelia answered.

"I know that you've been working. You're really popular online," said Nicole.

Amelia chuckled softly, "I know."

"Well, hear me out," Nicole said. "I might be going to an F1 race in a few weeks. So, I will be meeting you at the race. Will you be available during the weekend? At least during the night?"

"Of course I'll be available. I mean - any nights would be fine with me," said Amelia.

"That's great. We have a lot to catch up. I'll update to you when it's confirmed that I'm going to the race," said Nicole.

"What made you wanna come to F1 race? Never knew you were a fan," Amelia said.

Nicole laughed, "I became a fan after you started working under F1 girl."

Amelia laughed along, "Well, that's interesting."

"So, yeah. I will be going to the F1 race soon. And I am so excited to meet you again after so long!" said Nicole. Amelia chuckled.

"I'm excited too," she replied.

"Always the same Amy. No excitement in her tone even when she said she's excited," said Nicole.

"You know me," Amelia grinned.

"Haven't got any boyfriend yet?" Nicole asked her.

Amelia snorted in response, "Boyfriend? Me?"

"Still the same, huh?" Nicole hissed.

Amelia shrugged, "I do have crush on someone. But I was thinking about commitments during a relationship. That turns me off right away."

"I get that. I understand that. Sometimes it's tiring," Nicole said.

"I know," Amelia smiled thinly.

"But you'll get there. When you're ready. It's nice that you're enjoying yourself right now. Just being rich and being with yourself. Earning money for yourself," Nicole chuckled.

"Yeah. You're also earning money for yourself," Amelia grinned.

"I am! And you're going to be going to my fashion show. We're doing one in a few months," Nicole told her with an excited tone. Amelia chucked.

"Just tell me when. I'll arrange my schedule," Amelia told Nicole.

They continued talking for a few more minutes before deciding to end their conversation. Every single day, there is always at least one person who will call Amelia. She doesn't know why but most of her contacts are more comfortable with talking on the phone rather than texting.