The R&D

When Amelia reached the parking lot, she drove straight toward a group of people gathered together near their cars

When Amelia reached the parking lot, she drove straight toward a group of people gathered together near their cars. When they saw Amelia, they were stunned.

"Amelia! I can't recognize you!" George said.

"Is this the part where we get to Fast & Furious?" Max asked her.

Amelia chuckled as she got out of her car, "We got tickets for this event. I'm sending the digital tickets to y'all. I'll also send the location to you all. At the gate, they'll ask for a QR Code. Give them the digital tickets. I'll be the first one to enter the place."

"Is this illegal, though?" Lewis asked.

Amelia grinned and shook her head, "I can't risk it to bring all of you to an illegal street race. We're good for this one. But surely be careful. Most of them have participated in illegal street races. Ruckus and chaos might happen. But we're good."

"You're racing?" Carlos asked, looking at Amelia's car.

"I am," Amelia chuckled.

"You are?" they asked in a surprised tone.

"You'll see how street racers win the race without an actual trophy," Amelia said to them with a wide smile.

"I'm excited," Lando mumbled.

"Keep close to each other. Don't walk by yourself. Let's go," Amelia said as she returned to her car.

She drove out of the parking lot, followed by the others. They drove through downtown and out of the city. 30 minutes later, they arrived at an open space. An old airport in downtown Brazil is legally used and has permission to be used to make this street race.

Amelia slowed down when she reached the gate where they were doing a security check.

"Amelia!" the guard exclaimed happily.

"Olá, como você está (Hi, how you doing)?" Amelia asked him as they shook hands.

"I'm doing very good. Didn't expect you here tonight," he said as he scanned her QR code for attendance.

Amelia chuckled, "5 cars behind are Formula 1 drivers. They're with me. Keep it low-key. I don't want their reputation to go downhill just because they came to a street racing event."

"Amelia. You know how F1 and street racers are..." he said, not showing a good expression.

"Help me for once," Amelia said to him.

He sighed, "I'll tell the others."

"Thank you, Bernado," Amelia smiled at him.

"Of course," he smiled back before they opened the boom gate for her.

Amelia parked at an empty spot and waited for the other drivers to get in so they could park near hers. Soon, all of them were parked next to each other, and Amelia got out of her car.

"So, this is street racing," Charles said, looking around.

Amelia smiled, "This is street racing, where I do a lot of car research."

"This feels like Fast & Furious," Carmen whispered to Amelia.

Amelia laughed, "Come on, guys."

They walked past a few tents and a few people. Most were in awe that they were looking at many F1 drivers in front of them. And F1 x street races? It's mindblowing.

"Amelia!"

She turned when she heard her name being called.

"Luis!" Amelia laughed and hugged him briefly.

"You look so thin! What are people giving you to eat? Why are you so thin!?" he asked, looking at her up and down. Amelia laughed.

"Shut up. Luis, these are F1 drivers," Amelia said, introducing him to the F1 drivers.

"I am a big fan of all of you. It's an honour to have you all here!" Luis said, waving to them.

The drivers waved back to Luis.

"Você sabe como a F1 e os pilotos de rua estão sempre brigando (You know how F1 and street racers are always in a fight)," Luis whispered to Amelia with a fast pace.

"Luis, eles vêm como meus amigos e não têm más intenções (Luis, they come as my friends and they don't have any bad intentions)," Amelia replied.

Luis sighed, "Fine. Are you racing tonight?"

Amelia winked, "I got you, babe."

"That white boy is here tonight. So I think putting you up with him is fair," Luis said.

"Luis, if he wins, I'll blame you," Amelia told him.

Luis laughed, "He's gonna be way behind."

"Can you bring my friends around, though? I'm going to meet Sebastian," Amelia said.

"Of course," Luis chuckled and nodded.

"Guys," Amelia turned to the rest. "Luis here will be giving you a little tour guide around here. I'm going to meet someone. I'll find you guys later on. Chill. It's fine. You're gonna have fun."

"We'll see you then?" Carmen asked.

Amelia nodded, "Yup. I'll see you later."

"Be careful," Lewis said.

Amelia chuckled and nodded before walking away.

----- LATER -----

While still having fun, Amelia was also working. Street racers illegally get most of the car's body parts and engines. But they keep it in silence. But Amelia knows. Having the car work for a race without burning is crazy, but they can do it.

"Hey, princess," an arm wrapped around her waist.

Amelia immediately turned and smiled, "Hi." She pushed away his hands.

"That's painful, but what are you doing here?" Joel asked her.

"Working," Amelia said before she looked back at the car engine.

"Working? While bringing your Formula One friends? What a showoff," he scoffed, smirking.

"If you say so. It's your opinion, and I don't give a damn," Amelia said as she wrote something down on her iPad after capturing a photo of the whole engine.

"4 years of coming to street racing. You've finally brought some important people, huh?"

Amelia sighed and turned to look at Joel, "Can you shut up?"

"Never with you around," he said, smiling.

Amelia sighed in annoyance before walking to the car next to it to check the engine, turbos, brake system, and other things.

"I hope this will be the first and the last time you bring Formula One into street racing. And that includes you. The internet is already going crazy after seeing those drivers here," he told her. 

"We're all adults, Joel. We can do whatever we want. There's no killing. We ain't coming here to do chaos. Unlike..." Amelia stopped and looked at him up and down. 

"Unlike that one person," she continued. 

Joel rolled his eyes, "It's a taboo, Amelia. Even with you here, people are looking at the hosts differently." 

Amelia looked at him and sighed, "This is a public event. Everyone can come here. We all respect each other, and no fists are thrown at anyone. Maybe we'll be much more peaceful if you don't go around and tell shitty things." 

Amelia exhaled and walked away from him.