12

Yn, Peter and Tia arrived at the tower everyone still tense about what happened.
Well Yn and Peter, Tia was fast asleep in Peter's arms.
They found it sick that people would steal children but she knew about it all to well because she was stolen from her parents.

Yn took Tia and put her to bed after taking her shoes off.
She didn't want to wake the girl by making her change into different clothes.

She changed her own clothes and went to the common area where Peter was back in his Spiderman Pj's yn still didn't know why he had himself on his sleap wear but she didn't coment on it only smiled.

She sat down next to him, as he looked to be deep in thought.
"Hey Parker you okay ?" Yn asked him and he looked at her pulling his feet up on the couch and hugging his legs.
"I just find it so cruel that people would actually steal kids away from their parents how can they sleep at night with a conscience like that." Peter said rambling about the things on his mind.

"Well some people have a choice some dont, I still get nightmares every night I... I... I" Yn couldn't get the words out.

"I still see their faces..." Yn said her voice barely audible.
Her vision became blurry as the faces of the people she had murdered in cold blood flashed before her eyes.
Every single one begging for mercy as they realized those were gonna be their last moments.

She suddenly felt a hand on hers pulling her out of her trance like state.
She smiled gratefully at Peter with glossy eyes.
He was always there to help her see life in the way a child would.
To help her experience the childhood she never got.

Suddenly a phone rang on the kitchen counter.
"I got it" Peter yelled jumping up to go get the phone.
"Oh it's yours" he yelled throwing her the phone.

Yn didn't look at the caller and just pressed awnser.
"Hello ?"
"Yn this is Steve I need you to listen to me this is urgent."

Yn's heart dropped, she didn't know what he was gonna say.
That they were in danger, that she was in danger, that someone died ?
All these thing ran through her mind in a matter of seconds.

"Okay what do I need to do ?" She asked her voice unsteady.
"Go to Bruce's lab and get me a stretcher someone got shot we're almost back." He said and she just knew he was hiding something.

"Who got shot Steve ?" He didn't want to tell her.
She glanced over to Peter who looked to her with a pale face.
"Nat did..." he said and Yn froze.
"Is she ..." Yn couldn't even finish the sentence.
"She is alive but she got seriously injured she needs to be operated on immediately so go and get the stretcher and wait on the roof for us okay ?" Steve said sounding like a scolding parent but Yn didn't care or even noticed for that matter.

"Okay" she said and ran to Bruce's lab as Peter followed her in a explosion of questions.
"Yn what's going on, what happened is everyone okay ?"
"Nat got shot Peter Steve told me to wait on the roof" she quickly turned around and he stopped too as he almost slammed into her.

"Peter please do me a favor and stay with Tia I cant leave her alone while we're both outside, please Peter" she begged him as she took his hands in hers.
He saw the worried look in her eyes and he didn't want to cause her more stress.
"Ofcourse" he said turning around to go to Yn's room where Tia was still sleeping.

Yn ran to Bruce's lab and got a stretcher as she ran with it to the rooftop waiting for the jet.
It was a bit heavy to carry alone and up some stairs but she didn't even notice adrenaline was running high in her system.

Not even 2 minutes later the jet landed and she rand to the door as it opened.
Steve and Bruce hurriedly took the stretcher as they lifted Nat carefully onto it.