40

When they got to Wakanda Yn was out, she was so exhausted and her body gave up on her again.

Loki used his magic to make sure her heart doesn't stop because the thread she was holding onto for life was paper thin.

They landed and they rushed to the main building.
Yn was in Bucky's arms and when the rushed into Shuri's lab she already had everything set up.

Bucky put her down onto the table and Shuri started working immediately as she hooked IVs onto Yn.

She was smart, really smart but even just being smart won't save a person and Shuri realized that when Yn's heart came dangerously close to stopping.

After hours of work Shuri got out of the lab and Bucky was there first and right next to him Natasha.
"She is stable but I would need to monitor her throughout the night." Bucky had tears in his eyes but kept them from falling.

Shuri sighs "I dont know what they did to her but her body is very, very weak. I dont even know if she ate and she has been gone for what ? Almost a year."

Shuri says, and Bucky goes into the lab before anything else could be said.
Next to the table, he put a chair as he sat down.
Her body was so weak that Shuri said she couldn't even have been moved to a bed.

She was so fragile in this state and it broke Bucky's heart.
To him it was a natural feeling to lose something that he loves but this... this was something else.
His world layed there on a metal table with wires hooked to it ready to shatter like glass with just one touch.

He lightly took her hand and rubbed very light circles on her knuckles.
His vision was by now already completely blurred as he silently sobbed.

He didn't even hear anyone come in untill he saw a hand hold out something.
"She dropped it when in the process of getting her back."
Loki. Bucky thought as he turned and saw the slender man before him with black greasy hair.

In Loki's hand layed a golden necklace with a blue butterfly on.
Bucky slowly took it and held it firmly in his hand.
"Thank you" Bucky's voice was raspy from crying and he cleared his throat.

"Your welcome, I just ask a favor in return." Loki says when after he had already walked towards the door.
Bucky turned his head towards Loki.
"Just give me a chance to make it up to her to my daughter please, I didn't have a choice..." and for the first time since Bucky had first seen Loki, he saw a glimpse of sadness or perhaps regret behind his empty eyes.

"I'll talk to her about it." Bucky says and with that Loki dissappeared.
Bucky sat down again and held Yn's hand as he started crying once more he felt so hopeless.
Yes she was back and he couldn't even begin about how relieved and happy he was that she was back but she was hanging on for life here.

A single tear fell onto her hand from his leaking eyes.
And for a small fleeting moment he could've sworn he felt Yn squeeze his hand.

Bucky had stayed by her bedside since the first moment and it had been about three weeks already.
Bucky was there when Shuri came in at the morning and Bucky was there when she left at night.

She had asked the other team members to help her so that Bucky could also take care of himself and finally properly eat something and get some sleep.

So when Steve dragged Bucky out of there Shuri got back to analyzing Yn's monitors.
The thing is while Steve and Bucky had their brief conversation Yn had waken up but was just too tired to do anything.

When she felt it was quiet she opened her eyes.
Shuri noticed the difference in the monitors and she glanced at Yn.

"Your awake..." Shuri breathed as she smiled softly at Yn.
"Barely" Yn whispered her throat dry.

"Here" Shuri says as she grabs a glass of water with a straw in and holds it to Yn's mouth.
"Where is he ?" Yn asks and Shuri smiles brightly at Yn.
Even when either of them were in critical conditions, their main priority was the other one.

"He'll be back soon. He finally went to eat something and go take a shower."
Shuri says, and the faintest ghost of a smile graced Yn's tired lips.
"He stayed by my bedside day and night ?" She asks and Shuri just nodded her bright smile still there.

"Every second of it."

Shuri kept talking to Yn a bit trying to figure out why her body kept giving up on her and what they did to her while she was captured.

"I didn't eat for like a year ?" Yn says and it sounded more like a question than an awnser.
"A year ?! Thats impossible you would've died by now already." Shuri says and Yn smiles.
"Im a super soldier, but my body kept giving up and collapsing so they would put Ivs in me."
Yn says and Shuri thinks back to the last time she monitored Yn's body, it did seem to heal pretty fast.

"Very well when you feel ready please let me know so you can eat something, for now the Iv fluid will give you the necessary nutrients." Shuri said and Yn nodded with a slight smile.

So they kept talking for a bit and Natasha came to check up on Yn.
She froze outside the open door when she heard Yn's voice.
She slowly stepped into the room with tears in her eyes and a smile.

"Your awake" Natasha said more a statement than a question as she looked so happy to see her little sister better.
"Hey Tasha" Yn said and Nat immediately made her way over to Yn as she hugged her so tight.
"Hey Ava" Natasha said through a sob.

And Yn swore she had never before seen her sister cry only once, when she was taken away from the redroom back to hydra.
"Shh it's okay Im okay." Yn said as she played softly with Natasha's hair as her big sister cried into her shoulder.

Shuri left to give them some space.

After Natasha and Yn had caught up some bit Nat left to let Yn rest.
But Yn was stubborn so she slowly got out of bed.

Her whole body hurt so fucking bad.
She felt as if she was hulk smashed.
She slowly roamed the hallways of a building she hadn't seen in a year.

She still remembered what room she and Bucky stayed in the last time and when she slowly opened the door her breathing sped up.

There he was laying sound asleep arms around a small little furry thing.
Yn squinted her eyes as she looked at it.
It was a white kitten curled up snuggly in Bucky's loose grip.

Yn smiled and she looked to Bucky again as the same butterflies rose in her stomach the first time she saw him so many months ago.
She slowly and painfully made her way over to the bed and layed down in a sort of sitting position with her back against the headrest.

She slowly played with Bucky's hair and the cat sturred.
When the cat oppened it's eyes it looked at Yn and for a moment it felt as if she was staring into a mirror.
The sweet little ball of fluff had the exact same eyes Yn had.

The cat sniffed and hissed when she saw Yn's hand near Bucky.
Yn smiled and pulled her hand away letting the cat sniff it.

Yn smiled even wider when the cat happily started licking her hand.
"C'm here" Yn said and the cat carefully left Bucky's grasp and made her way over to Yn.

The cat snuggled neatly onto Yn's lap and she finally got a chance to look at the name tag.
"Angel" Yn read and smiled.
"Comman name but fitting for a loving ball of fluff like you mhh" Yn cooed and Angel purred in response.
Yn sat there as she softly stroked the cat's soft, fluffy mane while slowly falling asleep.

And before she knew it, she was gone off and away to dreamland.
And for the first time in a year, she felt safe again, complete.
Whole... with him right next to her.

She knew she was safe...