Part 29: New Beginnings.

Every body knows the five steps of grief, even the secretive sixth one, revenge. I was known as many things at this new base. Killer, murderer, bitch, the female, assassin, black widow, but I only stuck with a few.

I'll admit I have been a bitch and I am definitely a killer. I was by facts a black widow but Price called me Valdis. It means death. I don't blame him for calling me death. In his defense when I was 12 I shot him. Then shot him again when I was 16.

My name is Alianovna Romanov Ivanovna. Too many Vs if you ask me. It's also very long so people often shorten it to Alia.

I stand on the tarmac in my usual suit with my hair double French braided into a low bun. My nails tap the gun holster on my thigh as the helicopter blades above me slow to a halt. Today is my first day as an official member of Task Force 141.

I knew them from my dreams and visions but if I let on that I did they would probably admit me to a psychiatric hospital. Which I don't blame them. I've wondered if this was another of those weird dreams. I even stabbed myself to make sure, I'm still here so I'm guessing this is finally real life.

I should've known the others were fantasy. Love and patience isn't something I get. Which is why this time around I'm going in cold. No strings, no happy ending. That's how you live in this cruel world; you trust no one.

I walk through the base I've gotten familiar with. The 141 is finally back from a mission where I'll meet them in the meeting room. I walked with haste, my head held high in confidence. I was a new person now. I won't be broken nor will I ever show I was in the first place. The military needs me, I don't need them. I could easily disappear if I really wanted to.

I walk into the meeting room with cold, emotionless eyes. I see everyone sitting at the table including Price, so I walk to the end of the table and take a seat.

Alia: Hello Ghost.