Chapter 2

"Okay class, how are we feeling with today's lesson? Good?" The class nodded. "Any questions?" They shook their heads. "Alrighty then." Janet sat in the back of her science class reviewing her notes. She wanted to make sure that all her notes were correct. Mostly because she knew her bestie would want to look at them. "Janet." She jumped.

"Yes."

"Class is over, sweetie." Janet looked around and saw everyone had left.

"Sorry, Ms, Michaels." She put her stuff in her bag and stood up.

"It's okay, hon. I've woken up so many kids from sleeping, one that's distracted by studying is a good change." Janet laughed.

"Thanks."

"Oh, have you given more thought to my suggestion?" Janet looked at her.

"Yes.."

"And."

"I just don't know. I don't know if it's for me."

"It definitely is. Think on it some more and we'll do a test run next week. Okay?" Janet thought for a second then nodded.

"Okay."

"Bye, sweetie."

"Bye." Janet left the classroom and headed to her locker. It was lunchtime and she had to get the supplies for the classes after. Getting to her locker, she put in her combination and opened it. Just like her room, she was hit with the smell of rosemary and eucalyptus. Janet kept little scent jars so that her things wouldn't get that school smell. She hated that.

Once she got all of her things, she freshened up her lipgloss and closed her locker. She never sat in the lunchroom because she hated it, so she made her way to the library. "Hey, Bestie."

"Hey, Shawnette."

"Hey, Boo." Janet laughed.

"Hey, Gil. Why are y'all out of breath?"

"I had to run up from the downstairs library." said Shawnette.

"That library is used for storage, why were you down
there." She smiled, "Nevermind. I don't even want to know. What about you, Gil?"

"Boys locker room."

"You don't play sports."

"But Demarcus does."

"Oh my gosh. Both of you had sex during school?" Janet whispered.

"No, we were just fooling around." said Gil.

"Shoot. I did." said Shawnette.

"Well, it's easier for you. Gay sex is a lot more intricate."

"Sure."

"But it is fun too."

"I bet with the way you be giggling."

"Okay, I'm done with this conversation." Janet stepped into the library and went to her usual area. She took out her snacks and book. Gil and Shawnette sat next to her. "Please, no more sex talk."

"Jan, why are you so taboo about this?" asked Gil.

"Yeah, just because you're a virgin doesn't mean you can't talk about it."

"But I don't want to talk about it and why do you make being a virgin sound like a bad thing?"

"Because we know you want to do it, but you're not for some dumb reason."

"I'm saving myself for the right person. Not everyone deserves to have sex with me."

"Would that right person be Daniel?" asked Shawnette.