Chapter 40

Janet laid on Toni's chest as she slept. They had gone at it for a while and Toni had decided to just stay over with her. She felt so much relief after being with Janet. A lot of frustration had left her body. She didn't realize how addicted she was to Janet until she couldn't get with her regularly and it was obvious Janet was addicted to her too. The way she jumped on Toni was shocking, especially because she was so adamant about not having sex. Obviously, she gave that up.

Toni listened to Janet breath slowly. Every so often Toni would leave a little kiss on her head. She brushed her hair out of the way and just watched her sleep. She could tell Janet was having a good dream because her nose was crinkling up. It was too cute. Toni imagined what it would be like to have this all the time. What would it be like to share a bed, a house, a family, a life with her? How would that work? What would be the dynamic? What would their children look like? What type of life would they have? It was all so beautiful to think about.

After laying for a while, Toni became thirsty. She slowly eased out of the bed, but Janet held onto her. "Mmmm..." She looked up. "Where are you going?"

"Just to get some water. I'll be back."

"Okay." Janet let go and snuggled into the pillows. Toni put her sweatpants and shirt back on before quietly walking downstairs. She wanted to make as little noise as possible, because even though Janet's parents were fine with her staying here, it was still respectful to be quiet. She continued to be quiet as she made her way to the kitchen. "Hey." Toni jumped at the sound of a voice. She looked and saw it was Bishop.

"Hey, Bishop." Joseph laughed.

"I'm sorry. Didn't mean to scare you."

"No, you're fine. I was just trying to be quiet and not wake anyone."

"I know."

"I just came for some water."

"Okay." Toni went to the fridge and got a bottle of water for her and one for Janet when she woke up. Joseph watched her move around the kitchen.

"Is everything okay, Bishop?"

"Come sit for a second." Toni got nervous.

"Okay." Toni sat at the table. "What's up?" Joseph sighed.

"I just wanted to talk."

"Alright." He sighed.

"I can see how much you and my daughter love each other. It's very obvious." Toni nodded. "Now you already have my blessing to be with her."

"I appreciate that."

"Of course. But there's something you have to remember. Janet is a lot like her mother. She's very determined."

"I know."

"And I can tell that her goals are driving her a lot lately, which is a good thing."

"Yeah, I'm proud of her." Toni sat back.

"I know you are, but I know there's something else you're feeling. I'm not going to put your business out there, but I can tell you're feeling something." Toni looked down. "You have to communicate that to her." Toni shook her head.

"Naw. I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"Because, I don't want my feelings to persuade her to do something she doesn't want to do. She has so many goals and dreams and the last thing I want is for her to feel like she needs to change her plans because of me."

"I get that. You don't want her to feel regret because of you."

"Yeah. How do you know?"

"Because I made that mistake with First Lady. I wanted her to go after her goals. I felt horrible about her giving up plans to follow mine. I did something for her recently, that proved that I should've said something." Toni sat up.