Chapter 42

"Are you fucking serious?!" The woman shouted into the phone. "Where the fuck is he?"

"We don't know. It's like he disappeared." She threw her glass across the room.

"The plan depends on him." Erice walked into the kitchen.

"I know, but it can still work without him."

"No, it can't. He had info on both families." Erice rolled her eyes and got some water from the fridge. "Just find him and find him fast." She hung up and slammed her phone down. "Damn it!"

"What is it?"

"Jack's missing."

"Wow." Erica sighed. "Who's Jack?"

"Someone who had very sensitive information for the plan." Erica groaned. "What's your problem? And why isn't there any updates on Toni?"

"Because I haven't seen her." Erica sat down.

"Why?"

"I've been busy." The woman folded her arms.

"With what?" Erice drank her water. "With what?!" She sat her bottle down.

"Just some personal stuff."

"What's more important than getting the revenge we deserve?"

"You?" Erice whispered.

"What?"

"Nothing. I've just been handling some things." Erice got up and tried to leave the kitchen.

"You will continue with this plan."

"I don't want to. I don't even know why I even agreed in the first place."

"Because Toni dumped you." Erica chuckled.

"Mom, we were never together and you know that."

"You slept with her." Erica shrugged.

"Okay. And? I slept with lots of people. That's how I got this house. Which by the way, I'm gonna need the key back."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Because?"

"I've sold the house."

"WHAT?!"

"AHHHH!" Jack screamed at the top of his lungs as blood spilled from his arm.

"I'm going to give you one more chance or this is going through your skull." Jack caught his breath and chuckled.

"Do it. Kill me and you'll never get the info." Toni laughed.

"Kill you? Naw, motherfucker. I'll paralyze your ass. Spend the rest of your life getting your ass wiped." Jack stopped smiling.

"What?"

"Yeah. You can either tell me what I want to know or start having gorgeous women wipe shit off your back and balls." Jack's face twisted.

"Fine."

"Dad!" Michael came in with the computer. "Start talking. What were you working on?" Toni held the gun to Jack's skull.

"The Vincenzos needed me to create a legitimate business to cover up what they were doing?"

"What were they doing?"

"Money laundering from the church."

"Who's church?" Toni pressed harder.

"Bishop Jackson."