Chapter 6

"Q, I swear on every fucking thing! You better have my money when I said!"

"But T..."

"No fucking buts. You're asking for extra time and it hasn't even been a month yet. The hell you been doing?" Ding. Toni saw a text come through on her phone and decided to answer it later.

"I've been trying, Toni. I swear. I just haven't had any luck."

"Well, you better pray for some, because if you don't have my money, you gone end up how your brother was. His ass is lucky to be alive. Do you want that type of luck?"

"No." Ding.

"Then get your fucking act together and get my fucking money!" Toni smacked him with her gun. "Get out!" He ran out holding his face. Ding. "I swear, niggas think I be playing." Toni sat back down at her desk.

"Just breathe. If he don't get it together, you can still shoot him. Either way, it's a win-win for you." said Kenny.

"True." Ding.

"Dang, who texting you?" Toni groaned.

"It's Janet." Toni took out her phone and looked at the messages that she sent.

I'm almost done with my hair.

I need to go to the library.

Also, I want to go to the mall. Are you free to take me?

"Who's that?" Toni texted her back.

It's fine. I'll take you. I'm almost done for the day anyway.

"The girl my dad has been having me protect and drive around."

"Wait, ain't she the Bishop's daughter?"

When will you be here?

"Yeah."

"Why he got you protecting her?"

I'm making my way there now.

"I don't know, man." Toni got up and grabbed her stuff. "Her dad just said that someone needs to be with her. I think someone's trying to hurt her or already did."

"Man, that's crazy. I bet you can't wait until that's over."

"I mean, yeah. It is cutting into my days here, but it's not too bad. This is the busiest she's been. She usually only goes to school and back home. She just started feeling good enough to go out and do stuff. I gotta go."

"Alright, I guess I'll see you later." Toni left out of the building and got in her car. She rolled all the windows down and sprayed some air freshener. Janet did like the smell of weed so she needed to air the car out so it wouldn't bother her. Heading to the hair salon, she made sure that the passenger seat was clear out for her. Even though she had just dropped her off earlier, Toni had stopped for food, went to a couple stores and had gotten her stuff from Erice's house.

As she got closer, the weed smell was almost gone. It'll seem like she had smoke outside of the car and then got in. Was she going overboard for Janet? Yes, but this isn't just anyone. This is the Bishop's daughter. She had to keep herself looking good. She parked in front of the salon and texted Janet.

I'm here.

She put her phone down and waited then her phone dinged.

Ok. I'm coming out now.

Toni got out of the car and went around to the passenger side as Janet came out of the salon. Her curly hair was now straightened and curled a little at the ends. "Hey." Toni spoke to her and opened the door.