Chapter 11

Toni sat at her desk and continued to go over work. Just like she thought, Q ran to his mother and tried to get Toni into trouble. Little did he know that ever since she made up and fixed her relationship with Toni's mom, she no longer had animosity towards Toni. She admitted that her feelings were nothing but pain at not having her sisters. She even stood by Toni and called Q out for stealing, stating that no matter what, you do steal from family.

It still didn't make Toni's mood better. She was still down and upset. The books were still messed up and she had to fix that. Q was still acting stupid and trying to get back at Toni. She hadn't had any sleep over the past couple days. On top of that, her right hand, Kenny had ghosted her. She didn't know what his problem was. He'd show up to the warehouse, do what he needed to do and leave without even speaking with her. They didn't joke and laugh.

As she looked through the books, a knock came to her door. "Come in." It was one of the guys.

"Hey, T. They said you needed a runner."

"No, I said I needed Kenny to make a run. Where is he?"

"He getting something to eat."

"Tell him to come here." He left out and went to get him. Toni became even more upset. It's one thing to ignore someone as a friend but it's a whole other thing to disrespect them as a boss. That's how Toni felt. Whatever beef that had with each other, even if she was oblivious to it, did not need to interfere with business.

A knock came to her door. "Come in."

"What?" Kenny asked.

"I asked you to do that run for me. Get to it."

"Whatever. If it'll shut you up." Kenny was about to leave but Toni stopped him.

"What the hell is your problem?" Kenny looked back at her.

"Nothing."

"Obviously there is. If you want to act like a child and run away then..." Kenny slammed the door and walked up to Toni's desk.

"You coming at me about running away from something? You have absolutely no room."

"What you mean?" Toni stood up.

"I'm talking about you making me do your job because you were too afraid to admit your feelings for that girl."

"That has nothing to do with..."

"It has everything to do with it." Kenny shouted. "Now I have dealt with you and your attitude for years. I have let you go off on me when you mad at some chick or your parents. I have dealt with your outbursts and your crazy decisions, but I can't stand with you on this."

"Why?"

"Because I stand with Janet with this."

"Janet? Really?"

"Yes, she is innocent in all this and you have messed up with this girl. When it was other chicks, I understood. They only wanted money or they tried to play you, but Janet. She's sweet. She wouldn't hurt a fly and you played with her emotions. I don't know what you did or what happened but I know she's hurt."

"How?"

"I saw her. I went to visit her. She's unrecognizable. She barely leaves her room, she doesn't eat and I can guarantee she doesn't sleep. All because you hurt her! You're so fucking afraid of your emotions that an innocent girl has gotten caught in the crossfire." Kenny let out a breath and tried to calm down. "Until you can own up to your shit, we're done."

"We're done?"

"Yes. I watched my mother and sister lose themselves in a relationship and I won't let you do that to Janet. I'm going to make sure she feels better. Don't call me. Don't text me. Don't even talk about to others or ask about me until you're ready to be a fucking adult." Kenny stormed out of the office. Toni sat down and put her head back against her chair. Her best friend just cut her off after years of friendship over a girl they knew for three months. She looked up at the ceiling. She couldn't do anything but take it.